Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
What point are you trying to make or are you just being contrary for the sake of it? I’m saying that this Conservative Government is close to being exceptional because it’s been so shambolic and no matter how much I dislike the party, I wouldn’t ever have called the Heath, Thatcher and Cameron Governments shambolic - Major’s was to an extent, but apart from the lunatic Redwood, the rebels Major had to face were nowhere near as senior as the ones May and Sunak have had to.

All your, obligatory, dissing of the Labour Party does is back up what I said about them not having the discipline and unity of purpose that the Tories used to have.

I swear you and a few others on here see my name on a post and just assume that I must be slagging off the Tories - this time, all I was doing was expressing surprise at what they’ve become. Therefore, unless you’re disagreeing with me because you believe the Conservatives have always been the fractured, self indulgent mess they are now, I’m not sure why you bothered replying.

As for what’s worse, fourteen years of the same governing party in Westminster or twenty six years of the same one in Cardiff, I’d say the former every time because it has far more influence on my living conditions.
I didnt mention Heath, Thatcher or Cameron did I ?
I mentioned Major, as his Govt was shambolic, as was Blair (after Iraq) and Brown was the Labour equivalent of Major. Clegg as Deputy PM was out of his depth.

So you dont like a change of political party every 13 years or so and you would rather have one party in power for 26 years - wow. Ergo - if Drakeford had been PM for the last 26 years - you'd be happy.