+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Derby finish above us without another points deduction?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Will Derby finish above us without another points deduction?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If the Derby squad of the second half of the season is the same as the first half - just maybe.

But it won't be.

Jagielka has gone and Derby have accepted a bid for Shinnie (from Wigan). Offers will come in for other players before the window closes. The administrators are not there to protect Rooney's squad. The mood music is getting worse. Rooney may be in the Everton dug out before the end of the window.

They have done very well so far this season - but the wheels are coming off.
    So our best chance of avoiding relegation is for a club that has already been deducted 21 points being forced to sell their best players? What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    So our best chance of avoiding relegation is for a club that has already been deducted 21 points being forced to sell their best players? What a mess.
    If your original question had been 'are we in a mess' I doubt anyone would have disagreed.

But Derby aside, I think we will finish the season above Barnsley, Peterborough and Reading. I have some confidence that we will also end up above Hull, Bristol City and Birmingham. That is not even 'mid table obscurity' and represents a woeful season - but I think we have enough to get safe - eventually. We will have a much better idea when the window shuts and we have played the next set of four league games.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If your original question had been 'are we in a mess' I doubt anyone would have disagreed.

But Derby aside, I think we will finish the season above Barnsley, Peterborough and Reading. I have some confidence that we will also end up above Hull, Bristol City and Birmingham. That is not even 'mid table obscurity' and represents a woeful season - but I think we have enough to get safe - eventually. We will have a much better idea when the window shuts and we have played the next set of four league games.
    Really? What makes you think that?