+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memo to Morison following Sunderland's play-off win

Memo to Morison following Sunderland's play-off win

Extracted from BBC website:

"Norwich and Preston boss Neil's influence since arriving at the club in February can certainly be measured in statistics, with one defeat in 16 games and a play-off surge which has culminated in a return to the second tier.

"(Alex Neil) identified there were too many young players in the team and wanted more experience.

Simon Pryde told BBC Sport: "He tightened the defence, changed the shape, enjoyed feisty yet good natured exchanges with journalists and - most importantly - got results."

Re: Memo to Morison following Sunderland's play-off win

They will want him sacked if they are bottom 6 come next march

Sunderland get huge crowds compared to the rest of the league, they should never have taken that long to get promoted by income alone.

Reminder to one eyed f***ers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-RIBnba8

Have to admit, with the recent departures, I'm looking for a bit of experience to come in. The team is starting to take shape, but we will need some knowledgable heads in there, and also someone to take charge. Any idea who will be captain yet?

Why does everyone assume Morison will pack the team with kids? We had a lot of players that were making too much money and too old. They had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Have to admit, with the recent departures, I'm looking for a bit of experience to come in. The team is starting to take shape, but we will need some knowledgable heads in there, and also someone to take charge. Any idea who will be captain yet?
    Bale and David Brookes

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why does everyone assume Morison will pack the team with kids? We had a lot of players that were making too much money and too old. They had to go.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Ralls if he stays , otherwise Nelson I reckon.

There will be loads of players like of similar experience and ability to flint and ralls available as the summer gets underway. Loads.

This summer set to see the most unemployed footballers for a long time. Just depends how much they want to earn really and may have to have a reality check.

It's all about getting the right balance. I don't for one minute think that Morison will play a team full of kids. He's pretty switched on, very focussed and seems determined to construct a side that will at the very least be competitive next season and hopefully a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls if he stays , otherwise Nelson I reckon.
    Nelson is a defensive liability and I will be disappointed if he is in the first team next season

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Nelson is a defensive liability and I will be disappointed if he is in the first team next season
    He has been one of our top performers at the ass end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    He has been one of our top performers at the ass end of the season
    Is that the side that lost 4 of its last 6 and only gained points from sides we finished above?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that the side that lost 4 of its last 6 and only gained points from sides we finished above?
    Have a look at the player ratings think you will find he was one of our better performers

Have a look at the player ratings think you will find he was one of our better performers
    Is that really an endorsement?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that really an endorsement?
    Is there another way of telling how a player has performed apart from some random guy saying he's crap

If Curtis Nelson is one of your better performers you're either in League One or you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If Curtis Nelson is one of your better performers you're either in League One or you're in trouble.
    I think you will agree it hasn't been our finest season, not helped by managerial changes and poor performances. Statistics prove that Nelson was one of our better players. I know you like stats look it up

Morison seems to be concentrating on getting players in the 25 to 329 age group (the sort of ages where players are generally thought to be at their peak) in what seems the right way to try and improve on last season where, essentially, we had a mixture of youngsters in their first full season in first team contention and too many underperforming senior players who were thirty or beyond.

We don't need any more than one or two players past thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Morison seems to be concentrating on getting players in the 25 to 329 age group
    25 to 329? Blimey, there's experience, and then there's experience....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Morison seems to be concentrating on getting players in the 25 to 329 age group (the sort of ages where players are generally thought to be at their peak) in what seems the right way to try and improve on last season where, essentially, we had a mixture of youngsters in their first full season in first team contention and too many underperforming senior players who were thirty or beyond.

We don't need any more than one or two players past thirty.
    Who we signing, Moses and Abraham ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Who we signing, Moses and Abraham ?
    Victor and Tammy? yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Victor and Tammy? yes please
    Probably Meldrew and Wynette.

I think you will agree it hasn't been our finest season, not helped by managerial changes and poor performances. Statistics prove that Nelson was one of our better players. I know you like stats look it up
    Out of 374 Championship players on whoscored.com, Nelson was ranked 261st. Of all our regular centre backs, he was ranked worst in the team.