+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Re: Petrol pump queues

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m thinking of popping down to Sainsbury’s on Colchester ave now….can’t be idiots queuing now
    If there are, just join ‘em

I’m thinking of popping down to Sainsbury’s on Colchester ave now….can’t be idiots queuing now
    Even if they aren't queuing they'll probably have none. All supermarkets in Pontypridd are coned up same as you go up the valleys, Porth, penygraig and Tonypandy got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If there are, just join ‘em
    It was bloody shut!
    Followed earlier advice and headed to western ave, almost straight onto forecourt, in and out in 5. Couldn’t afford to leave if it was effed as only had 10 miles left in tank

It was bloody shut!
    Followed earlier advice and headed to western ave, almost straight onto forecourt, in and out in 5. Couldn’t afford to leave if it was effed as only had 10 miles left in tank
    I've got 12 miles left. Nowhere within 6 miles of me has it I'm not risking it as I'd be the one to get stuck with no diesel

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've got 12 miles left. Nowhere within 6 miles of me has it I'm not risking it as I'd be the one to get stuck with no diesel
    That’s what I was thinking….after driving 2 miles to the first one and then 3 back to western ave I had to get some. I could have made it home but phucked then if something happens Monday when I def need some fuel. Done now, half full. Panic over.

That’s what I was thinking….after driving 2 miles to the first one and then 3 back to western ave I had to get some. I could have made it home but phucked then if something happens Monday when I def need some fuel. Done now, half full. Panic over.
    Went to llantwit fadre in the end, if there was none there I was getting home and leaving fumes in the car, there was supreme there 148 odd a litre. Girl behind the counter said one bloke had filled 3 cars to the brim having been back and forth to get them..

I got half a tank as well, minimum I could get away with putting in but didn't bother filling it all the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I drove to Tesco in Western Avenue about mid day. The forecourt was full being marshalled by Tesco folks but the girl told me that a tanker had just unloaded there so there was no problem. I was filled up and gone in about 10 minutes or so .I'm driving back and forth to Weston every day so I need a full tank for a week.
    Another tanker there at 9am this morning. Told me that they were getting supplies as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Another tanker there at 9am this morning. Told me that they were getting supplies as normal.
    They were open when I passed at about 8am with about 10 cars in a queue but when I was returning around 08.30 they were closed.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They are, nothings changed bar some idiot politician saying on the news we were going to have fuel supply problems, he was sort of right in that he caused it

People are mad , I'm glad though I bought 300 toilet rolls though yesterday instead of panic buying fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    People are mad , I'm glad though I bought 300 toilet rolls though yesterday instead of panic buying fuel.
    Sperm banks around the country are experiencing a shortage atm
    Apparently all the wankers are queuing for petrol

International

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    They were open when I passed at about 8am with about 10 cars in a queue but when I was returning around 08.30 they were closed.
    They were closed because of the previous post. They have to close when a tanker is unloading!!!

International

They are, nothings changed bar some idiot politician saying on the news we were going to have fuel supply problems, he was sort of right in that he caused it
    It wasn't a politician who started it, it was BP. The thing was engineered to force the government to let in foreign drivers.

It wasn't a politician who started it, it was BP. The thing was engineered to force the government to let in foreign drivers.
    If spread evenly, the government's belated knee-jerk reaction to allow visas for (up to?) 5,000 drivers, equates to less than one driver per member company of the Road Haulage Association. Epic fail by BP then. Thankfully, other fuel companies are available.

Went to Tesco’s Llantrissant this morning to buy three things in the store, before I could go in there though, I was stuck in a queue for twenty minutes while other drivers waited to buy petrol, when I got in the store, it was as quiet as I’ve seen it. Asda at Tonypandy was just the same when I drove past there with people who had no intention of buying petrol having to wait for some time before they could get - I had the free time for the queueing not to be a problem, but others don’t. It’s annoying, because it’s all so unnecessary.

And, as usual, with this Government when faced with a problem, the reaction is “well, who could have seen that coming?”., with the answer usually being “plenty of people actually”. Yes

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And, as usual, with this Government when faced with a problem, the reaction is “well, who could have seen that coming?”., with the answer usually being “plenty of people actually”. Yes
    Its the same with all governments Bob. only those who are myopic pretend otherwise.

it really is a shambles of a farce and the lions share of blame goes to the idiots who feel the need to panic buy. the levels of ****wittery are off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Its the same with all governments Bob. only those who are myopic pretend otherwise.

it really is a shambles of a farce and the lions share of blame goes to the idiots who feel the need to panic buy. the levels of ****wittery are off the scale.
    Disagree, this Government is always caught in the hop, I can remember other Tory Adminstrations that were nowhere near as bad as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Disagree, this Government is always caught in the hop, I can remember other Tory Adminstrations that were nowhere near as bad as this one.
    They did the right thing on vaccines, which was the biggest call any government has made in the last couple of years.

Why do people have to be so black and white? Some mistakes get made, others don't.

More often that not, governments are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I largely blame the media on this - I can think of no greater example of taking a molehill and manufacturing a mountain.

Needed some earlier so on my way home thought I'd try Tesco Pengam green and if queuing outside the forecourt I'd leave it.

Straight in to the pump.

No diesel though which may have helped

Sainsbury’s still shut no fuel, or maybe they are just saying that. A big problem is no one can actually get into the supermarkets for food and stuff as all the panic ers are in the way. Shut the fuel….dim problem

International

Apparently the next thing the media are going to panic about is a shortage of jobs in the hope everyone will rush out and get one.

I drive an electric car but I've got a petrol lawnmower. I actually need to go and get some petrol because the lawnmower is empty. I've no idea what the etiquette is on walking up to a forecourt and asking to jump the queue with my gerry can (a la skipping the queue in a supermarket if you have just one item), but the alternative is driving an electric car to a petrol station to fill up a can which I suspect would look like some pretty deranged panic buying itself.

Not that it matters, because there is no petrol left around here anyway.

Driving through parts of Gloucestershire and Herefordshire on Saturday there were no closures or queues at any of the several petrol stations I passed outside of the main towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I drive an electric car but I've got a petrol lawnmower. I actually need to go and get some petrol because the lawnmower is empty. I've no idea what the etiquette is on walking up to a forecourt and asking to jump the queue with my gerry can (a la skipping the queue in a supermarket if you have just one item), but the alternative is driving an electric car to a petrol station to fill up a can which I suspect would look like some pretty deranged panic buying itself.

Not that it matters, because there is no petrol left around here anyway.
    If you dress in an eccentric manner you can get away with it. Perhaps like Louis 16th or something?