+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Elephant In The Room

The Elephant In The Room

'The Knee'

Point made and of course BLM but time to move on, how much longer?

Please dont reply with any racism, or accusations of. It's a genuine question.

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    'The Knee'

^^^^ This

Are we seriously going to take a knee before every match / sporting event ? ? ?

'The Knee'

time to move on
    is racism fixed then?

I agree its like the nhs clap.

Time to stop it as it will loose its meaning and end up a chore

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    is racism fixed then?
    My bad, sorry I didn't know this had to be done until racism is fixed. Where does it say that ?

it doesn't detract from any of the sporting events so I don't mind if it carries on for as long as they want to keep doing it

My bad, sorry I didn't know this had to be done until racism is fixed. Where does it say that ?
    Everywhere really, the entire movement is about drawing attention to systematic racism so that changes can happen, none of which has happened yet.

Of course, another way of looking at it is that yes yes we've done our little flurry of pretending to care now let's go back to normal, up you get lads, point's been made, time to move on

'The Knee'

Why does it bother you?

Also, it's "taking a knee". This is not ****ing Game Of Thrones.

Everywhere really, the entire movement is about drawing attention to systematic racism so that changes can happen, none of which has happened yet.

Of course, another way of looking at it is that yes yes we've done our little flurry of pretending to care now let's go back to normal, up you get lads, point's been made, time to move on
    So, it doesn't say that anywhere does it ? ie: "Sports people must take the knee until, racism is fixed". Your disrespect to the actions by sportsmen and the like with their 'little flurry of pretending to care' speaks volumes. I'm not racist and nor are you, you just have a different opinion on whether this should continue, but your suggestion that this should be obligatory until racism is fixed, is simply your opinion and of course others, I have a different opinion, also along with others.

Your original reply (an edit of my original post) is akin to a television interview being edited just to display wrong doing or guilt to a party.

So, it doesn't say that anywhere does it ? ie: "Sports people must take the knee until, racism is fixed". Your disrespect to the actions by sportsmen and the like with their 'little flurry of pretending to care' speaks volumes. I'm not racist and nor are you, you just have a different opinion on whether this should continue, but your suggestion that this should be obligatory until racism is fixed, is simply your opinion and of course others, I have a different opinion, also along with others.

Your original reply (an edit of my original post) is akin to a television interview being edited just to display wrong doing or guilt to a party.
    My view is that if you believe there is injustice you have a choice to be silent or not about it. Athletes have a platform and they’re choosing to say something or be seen even when sport isn’t televised. NYC made a point in another thread that made it sound that it was only appropriate to make a stand if you have a platform. I disagree with that and choose to be visible with my opposition to injustice every day. I’m happy to be challenged publicly on it... in fact I welcome it

I love it when anti establishment liberal values of truth , justice and defiance get in the mainstream

Taking the knee I hope goes on , if it doesn't I hope see the raised fist of opposition to oppression and discrimination of colour , race , sexuality

Refuse , Resist

Football is a global sport with mass coverage and loads of money , its great that so many players are carrying on with the protest

That's a bit it dramatic isn't it, considering your original post was 3 posts above and literally everyone in the thread would have read it.

Also I was talking about you with the "little flurry of pretending to care" not the sportsmen. You just want things to get back to normal, because for you normal is totally fine. The whole point of BLM is to highlight the fact that "normal" isn't fine for a lot of people and that if we continue to ignore that we're perpetuating racism.

You might not be racist in the sense that you dislike, look down or wish ill on black people but wanting things to go back to normal, protests to stop etc and saying stuff like "point made, of course blm but time to move on" doesn't paint you in a very sympathetic light.

Rather than ask the slightly trite question that I asked maybe I should have just asked this one - why have YOU decided it's time to move on? What's happened? Or is it that you don't want to see it anymore and want things to get back to how you want them to be?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    My view is that if you believe there is injustice you have a choice to be silent or not about it. Athletes have a platform and they’re choosing to say something or be seen even when sport isn’t televised. NYC made a point in another thread that made it sound that it was only appropriate to make a stand if you have a platform. I disagree with that and choose to be visible with my opposition to injustice every day. I’m happy to be challenged publicly on it... in fact I welcome it
    The point I was trying to make was aimed specifically at taking a knee and being seen/heard. I think everyone should do what they can to end injustice.

That's a bit it dramatic isn't it, considering your original post was 3 posts above and literally everyone in the thread would have read it.

Also I was talking about you with the "little flurry of pretending to care" not the sportsmen. You just want things to get back to normal, because for you normal is totally fine. The whole point of BLM is to highlight the fact that "normal" isn't fine for a lot of people and that if we continue to ignore that we're perpetuating racism.

You might not be racist in the sense that you dislike, look down or wish ill on black people but wanting things to go back to normal, protests to stop etc and saying stuff like "point made, of course blm but time to move on" doesn't paint you in a very sympathetic light.

Rather than ask the slightly trite question that I asked maybe I should have just asked this one - why have YOU decided it's time to move on? What's happened? Or is it that you don't want to see it anymore and want things to get back to how you want them to be?
    WOW.... You could pick a fight in an empty room. Just for you, here you go:

I dont have a racist bone in my body, the fact that you cast that sort of aspersion disgusts me.

My post was about my opinion, inviting the opinion of others on Taking A Knee Continuing, NOT RACISM CONTINUING, but that didn't fit in with your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The point I was trying to make was aimed specifically at taking a knee and being seen/heard. I think everyone should do what they can to end injustice.
    👍.... you don’t strike me as the silent type

I see no reason to stop doing it until it's stopped having an impact or the message is forgotten. That of course will inevitably happen and to continue with it after that would be pointless. But when that day come I'd hope we could find another suitable gesture or message with the same initial impact.

I think that's where England cricket fell down. Fine to stop taking a knee but you they must continue to proactively address the ongoing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I see no reason to stop doing it until it's stopped having an impact or the message is forgotten. That of course will inevitably happen and to continue with it after that would be pointless. But when that day come I'd hope we could find another suitable gesture or message with the same initial impact.

I think that's where England cricket fell down. Fine to stop taking a knee but you they must continue to proactively address the ongoing issues.
    Well said Phyllis, I just can't understand why it would bug anyone. If for some weird reason someone didn't like it they could always go and make a cup of tea just before the match starts.

'The Knee'

It's been politically highjacked, wait for the onslaught .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I love it when anti establishment liberal values of truth , justice and defiance get in the mainstream

Taking the knee I hope goes on , if it doesn't I hope see the raised fist of opposition to oppression and discrimination of colour , race , sexuality

Refuse , Resist

Football is a global sport with mass coverage and loads of money , its great that so many players are carrying on with the protest
    100% this.

Love it.

Discrimination whether based upon race,gender, caste, religion, region, language, education or lineage has been with us since the dawn of time but a few overpaid entitled athletes is going to turn it on its head.

It will all stop after the US election, this rose its head exactly four years ago. Need to make sure your base turn up.

Sky is owned by the same corporation who own NBC..... Not sure id there is a link there with all the fuss over QPR not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Love it.

It will all stop after the US election
    I hope not.

WOW.... You could pick a fight in an empty room. Just for you, here you go:

I dont have a racist bone in my body, the fact that you cast that sort of aspersion disgusts me.

My post was about my opinion, inviting the opinion of others on Taking A Knee Continuing, NOT RACISM CONTINUING, but that didn't fit in with your agenda.
    You said the point's been made and it's time to move on from the taking the knee, I asked you what's changed to make you think it's time to move on

First Team

'The Knee'

I don't know whether you intended this but your post comes across like: "You've had your hissy fit. Noted. Now stop and let's get back to the 'normal' I expect".

The way I see taking the knee is it is a constant reminder that things are not "fixed" and long may it continue as a reminder until they are.

The folks who should determine if they're fixed are the oppressed minorities.

Would it therefore be reasonable to stop having 1 or 2 minutes‘ silence for Remembrance Day, since one could argue that point has been made?
    Personally, I can’t see why some people have such a problem with taking a/the knee.