+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pension planning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pension planning

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Sounds very sensible advice. The one thing I didn’t get when I asked about transferring a final salary scheme was I was told the transfer value was £190k but the guaranteed pension at 65 only £6k pa. That means I would have to live until I was nearly 100 to get that transfer value in the yearly pension and also the final salary scheme dies with you so wanted to transfer out but the FA wouldn’t advise it as too much risk involved - thought it was much more likely I will die before 100 ( having already survived cancer once) than to live way past 100 but seems all FA,s advise against moving the money from a final salary scheme and you can’t do it without their approval
    Have you seen the advert with the old couple on the sofa and the guy on the jetski?

Re: Pension planning

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    Have you seen the advert with the old couple on the sofa and the guy on the jetski?
    That advert warning of Scams is the best thing that the FCA have ever done. Many would say it's about the only good thing that they've done.

Last week a client of mine, who we've been looking after for over 10 years encashed £250,000 to invest in what stinks of a financial Scam. He's been promised a 'guaranteed' return of 8% per annum income, and they're paying this on a sample of £10k that he invested two months ago.

I would bet my house that he, or his family will never see any of that money again - and the people he's given it to are not FCA regulated so he's got absolutely no recourse if they spend the £250k on Jetskis.

It gets my blood boiling just thinking about it.