+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Saw a Youtube video about Bruce's sacking. I noticed this in the comments section....

"I hope Steve Bruce sees sense and RETIRES from football altogether because managers like him are done in modern football. But a naive chairman will see him as one of those "experienced" managers as if that means Bruce is still capable of improving football teams with his unimaginative tactic"

It has a familiar ring to it.
    A lot of these types have been phased out of the top level, you'd have the old boys like Hughes, Pardew, Pulis etc knocking around the lower half PL sides 3/4 years ago but now these clubs are looking past shit football and the short termism that comes with those managers. Shame we haven't caught on, I'm prepared for Pulis to get the job when Mick is inevitably binned.

Re: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A lot of these types have been phased out of the top level, you'd have the old boys like Hughes, Pardew, Pulis etc knocking around the lower half PL sides 3/4 years ago but now these clubs are looking past shit football and the short termism that comes with those managers. Shame we haven't caught on, I'm prepared for Pulis to get the job when Mick is inevitably binned.
    Would you put Bruce into this group though ?? Isn't he playing a type of passing game in the Premiership with a squad that perhaps lacks depth due to purse strings controls , club which was up for sale for a while which must have effected the performance of everyone at that club , until Saudi Arabia rocked up !!