+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible inquiry into unusable face masks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Possible inquiry into unusable face masks

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet despite everything the Conservatives still have that consistent 42,43 per cent rating in the polls which suggests that hardly anybody who voted for them in December is switching their allegiances. In spite of all that has happened since the election, Brexit still rules it seems.

I'd be fascinated to know from Tories on here what they would have to do for them to consider voting for someone else.
    As you well know I'm not a Tory, Bob, so excuse me for butting in.
    Being as objective as I can, most people have not been directly affeted by the virus and if they have , just a minor dose of flu so they dont undestand the seriousness of it.
    Secondly the government has given a lot of support via furlough and self employed grant's so many people financially are doing ok at the moment.
    Thirdly the MSM have been appalling, preferring to concentrate on what is happening abroad rather than UK.
    I would hope, as financial support comes to an end and mass redundancies kick in the public mood may change but then of course we've got Brexit on the horizon. Possibly another factor why swathes still support the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As you well know I'm not a Tory, Bob, so excuse me for butting in.
    Being as objective as I can, most people have not been directly affeted by the virus and if they have , just a minor dose of flu so they dont undestand the seriousness of it.
    Secondly the government has given a lot of support via furlough and self employed grant's so many people financially are doing ok at the moment.
    Thirdly the MSM have been appalling, preferring to concentrate on what is happening abroad rather than UK.
    I would hope, as financial support comes to an end and mass redundancies kick in the public mood may change but then of course we've got Brexit on the horizon. Possibly another factor why swathes still support the government.
    Well, I suppose if all you think of is yourself and your family, then your first point makes sense, but as soon as you expand your thinking beyond that, then it becomes impossible for me at least not to start asking critical questions of the people in charge. I think you're probably on to something about the furlough and self employed schemes mind - I'm not so sure about the media though, the print media, who for me are the most biased, have generally been as supportive of the Conservatives as they are now, but this hasn't stopped them having a much smaller share of the popular vote than they enjoy now.

I think your allusion to Brexit is getting as close to the truth as anything - it still seems to be so important to so many in this country and, as the party that has become synonymous with "getting Brexit done", the Torys have got the support of stacks of new supporters at least until we're completely out of the EU.

And the gowns , and the glasses that were purchased years ago