+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should we sell Tomlin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Should we sell Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Looking like the same ageing squad next year so mid table at best. We cannot score goals and if we fail to sign Moore it shows how the club is viewed by players. For the sake of his international future I though City were a given.
    If it was a premiership club in for him I could understand, but Middlesbrough !!!!
    Cheer up. We finished 5th. The pessimism on this board is absolutely ridiculous. Mid table at best? We're not going to go down for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cheer up. We finished 5th. The pessimism on this board is absolutely ridiculous. Mid table at best? We're not going to go down for Christ's sake.
    Yes it sounds pessimistic I know but I am of the opinion that our fantastic finish to the season, ending up 5th, was punching well above our weight.
    When I look at the strength in depth of next seasons championship, I feel that City need 3-4 signings (not squad players but first eleven) to continue to move on.
    Since my original post I am hearing that Kiefer seems to on his way here, so I feel a lot more positive.
    Incidentally, are your comments re Wilson tongue in cheek or is there some reality that we could land him ?
    Liverpool have clearly stated that he is not available for a loan deal

No way.
    Tomlin has ability that no other in the side has. His passing and vision are as good as most in the EPL, and he scores goals.
    His fitness might be called into question at times but even when not fully fit, he can influence games.
    Wouldn't get a huge fee and even if we did, he would need to be replaced.

I'd like to see us bring someone in to challenge Tomlin or even play alongside him.

Make a creative midfielder top priority.