+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Knowledge gained from being a football fan-No 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Knowledge gained from being a football fan-No 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Geography. Anyone else's geographical prowess improved since being a football fan from a young age? I was always fascinated at to where certain places were, all of those exotic names i heard on the classified results...Bury, Port Vale, Halifax... I know it sounds a bit sad, but i had a detailed map of the UK when i was a kid and would look up where the football grounds were situated, paying particular attention to the Cities where there were more than one club, trying to fathom how any city could have more than one football club,

Later in life, driving to away games, a great education in my opinion. I still say that if you can drive from Cardiff to selhurst park, through London(no m25) and without a sat nav, you've cracked it
    Interesting that you mentioned Port Vale, which, apart from a football club, doesn't exist on any map.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Interesting that you mentioned Port Vale, which, apart from a football club, doesn't exist on any map.
    The same goes for Raith Rovers (a ground I have visited): Raith is not a place and the team plays in Kirkcaldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The same goes for Raith Rovers (a ground I have visited): Raith is not a place and the team plays in Kirkcaldy.
    And Grimsby play in Cleethorpes!