+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The modern world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The modern world

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    An interesting (short) read about instant gratification

https://www.cuvva.com/news/instant-gratification

The marketers want us to want everything now. The capitalists love it.
    Its gone completely potty

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its gone completely potty
    It's not really it's just adapting to the environment - Fine tuned manufacturing processes, cheap raw materials etc have meant that it's cheaper to replace than to repair. It's cheaper for me to go on amazon and buy the niche products (even with higher prices) than to wander round various shops looking for what I need. More women are working than ever - more disposable income means more stuff. There's no point earning money and taking it to your grave.

There's nothing wrong with buying new stuff routinely as long as you can afford to do it. It's the people that live beyond their means is the worry.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It's not really it's just adapting to the environment - Fine tuned manufacturing processes, cheap raw materials etc have meant that it's cheaper to replace than to repair. It's cheaper for me to go on amazon and buy the niche products (even with higher prices) than to wander round various shops looking for what I need. More women are working than ever - more disposable income means more stuff. There's no point earning money and taking it to your grave.

There's nothing wrong with buying new stuff routinely as long as you can afford to do it. It's the people that live beyond their means is the worry.
    Buying a new car every 3 years is completely idiotic , it just keeps the world burning up

The world is mad

I say, bring back the Steam Locomotives

“Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants.”

Socrates wrote the above around 470 BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    “Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants.”

Socrates wrote the above around 470 BC.

Frigging hell, he must have been some age, when he played for Brazil in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Buying a new car every 3 years is completely idiotic , it just keeps the world burning up

The world is mad
    I agree. I know some people who have to have the latest Cardiff City team shirt. They buy one EVERY year. Nuts really