+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Home Bargains brigade !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Home Bargains brigade !

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Home Bargains is great for garden stuff. It's also a great place to take the grandchildren. They are happy to receive a "bargain" toy or stationery and the low price keeps me happy. They even have an online presence which works. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the store.
    Spot on, it does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Spot on, it does the job.
    This. Nothing wrong with the place. Of course there is a lot of crap in there, but the same is true of John Lewis. I'd not rely registered the food but nowt wrong with loads off their stuff. Kids toys in particular.

I'll always welcome a bargain no matter what I earn. I've got a mate who earns premiership footballer money and he still drops into places like this and does shopping at Aldi etc because he just doesn't see the sense in paying more than he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This. Nothing wrong with the place. Of course there is a lot of crap in there, but the same is true of John Lewis. I'd not rely registered the food but nowt wrong with loads off their stuff. Kids toys in particular.

I'll always welcome a bargain no matter what I earn. I've got a mate who earns premiership footballer money and he still drops into places like this and does shopping at Aldi etc because he just doesn't see the sense in paying more than he needs to.
    Absolutely. I've shopped in virtually every supermarket from Waitrose to Lidl, Aldi to Sainsbury and everything in between. All supermarkets have good stores and average ones. In no way does going to a more expensive supermarket mean better quality, not even with M&S. Expensive supermarkets are just a class or snobbery thing.

Here's some snobbery debunking as well; Having relied very heavily on home delivery for the last 8 months and tried all of the major players, we're surprised that Iceland have blown the others away, accuracy, value, promptness & freshness.

I had never previously considered that Iceland would become our major provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Here's some snobbery debunking as well; Having relied very heavily on home delivery for the last 8 months and tried all of the major players, we're surprised that Iceland have blown the others away, accuracy, value, promptness & freshness.

Not if you are vegetarian, we made a order midway through lockdown, ordered mainly Veggie stuff, like quorn, put together a decent order, it was 60 something quid worth, they turned up with 18 quid of stuff, even though it was s.posed to be in stock, they actually hadnt had it in for weeks ( and didnt have it in for a few more weeks )

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Given the distance the produce has travelled, that's an amazing feat!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given the distance the produce has travelled, that's an amazing feat!

Fair play, best post on the thread, deserved more appreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Who’s your mate? Martin Lewis?

Tighter than two coats of paint.