+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kion Etete - NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A later Tweet from the same man says Spurs have insisted on inserting a buy back clause in the deal for a player they still rate a lot - sounds good, but it could mean if he does well, we may have to lose him for a relatively small fee.
    I see it as good news that they rate him highly enough to insist on a buy back clause.

Unless it's just a creative way to play the loan system.

If we sign another striker on loan that'll be 3 loans (Philogene and Kipre the other 2)...we're allowed 5 so would that mean another 2 opportune signings on deadline day?

Another CB and winger and we would have some real strength in depth then
    Also we can move a couple out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I see it as good news that they rate him highly enough to insist on a buy back clause.

If we sign another striker on loan that'll be 3 loans (Philogene and Kipre the other 2)...we're allowed 5 so would that mean another 2 opportune signings on deadline day?
    I suppose if he comes here and plays to a standard that means Spurs want him back then we’re definitely going to benefit on the pitch, even if we are unlikely to be able to do so in terms of value for money when he leaves.

As for loans, we were told that the plan was to use all five of them, but I’d been assuming that had died a death because we have made so many permanent signings.

We'll probably keep 2 loan slots for January in case of injuries to key players.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Cardiff can purchase a player that they otherwise may not have been able to acquire had it not been for the clause. In addition, the buyback figure is usually significantly higher than the original transfer fee.

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/foot...ses-explained/

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Cardiff can purchase a player that they otherwise may not have been able to acquire had it not been for the clause. In addition, the buyback figure is usually significantly higher than the original transfer fee.

Thanks, informative read that.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Thanks. Very interesting. The devil is in the detail (and we won't be told the detail)!