+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: who dabbles in shares ? ?

who dabbles in shares ? ?

whats you got going on

At the start of C19 i noticed both Disney and cruise companies stock plummeted

I went for Cruise company shares ( split over a few Companies )

Disney had 1/2'ed in price, but have since returned to pre C19 prices, so I missed that one

Of course, Cruise's havent yet, Im keeping hold of them as they must stand a good chance of returning

just looking for something else

Re: who dabbles in shares ? ?

I'd been holding morrisons for about 7 months . Sold most about 10 days before the takeover speculation.

I like the pub companies at the moment. Marstons and spoons , I think marstons are underpriced and may attract a takeover soon. They had a bloody good deal out of brains to run their estate for the next 20yrs aswell

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    whats you got going on

Disney had 1/2'ed in price, but have since returned to pre C19 prices, so I missed that one

Of course, Cruise's havent yet, Im keeping hold of them as they must stand a good chance of returning

Criuises: where wealthy northern Europeans who have been double-vaccinated pass on the virus to unsuspected souls in poor countries where the vaccine rollout is less advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'd been holding morrisons for about 7 months . Sold most about 10 days before the takeover speculation.

I like the pub companies at the moment. Marstons and spoons , I think marstons are underpriced and may attract a takeover soon. They had a bloody good deal out of brains to run their estate for the next 20yrs aswell
    What if we sell him do you get a cut.

Aren't Marstons part of the bigger group of Carlsberg Marston's Brewing Company

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What if we sell him do you get a cut.

Aren't Marstons part of the bigger group of Carlsberg Marston's Brewing Company
    Is it molson coors you're thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Is it molson coors you're thinking of?
    No that's another company think Marstons is owned by these boys
    https://www.carlsbergmarstons.co.uk/

You should see Carling disappear soon from Brains replaced by Carlesberg, these breweries are owned by bigger drink companies

I quite fancy buying shares in nonce finance, but they will never mature

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Criuises: where wealthy northern Europeans who have been double-vaccinated pass on the virus to unsuspected souls in poor countries where the vaccine rollout is less advanced.
    Well said! To that I would add wealthy northern Europeans who claim to have "been to" India, Kenya, Uganda etc when what they really mean is they have visited the tourist hotspots and have seen nothing of the way ordinary people live.

BTW: I am obliged to declare that a cruise would be my idea of the proverbial "holiday from hell".

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No that's another company think Marstons is owned by these boys
    https://www.carlsbergmarstons.co.uk/

You should see Carling disappear soon from Brains replaced by Carlesberg, these breweries are owned by bigger drink companies
    That’s a joint venture between Carlsberg and Martsons plc for brewing.
    Marstons plc owns the pubs side separately, so shares in that gives you their pubs and their share in the joint venture.

Vodafone have fallen to a ridiculously low price and may well be worth buying
    Legal and General and as already mentioned Marston also offer decent value

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Well said! To that I would add wealthy northern Europeans who claim to have "been to" India, Kenya, Uganda etc when what they really mean is they have visited the tourist hotspots and have seen nothing of the way ordinary people live.

BTW: I am obliged to declare that a cruise would be my idea of the proverbial "holiday from hell".
    I have asked friends to shoot me if I ever go on a cruise. It is the antithesis of travel, in my opinion.

I have asked friends to shoot me if I ever go on a cruise. It is the antithesis of travel, in my opinion.
    I gave up cruising you never know whose watching

thanks for the shares to look at folks

not sure where the hatred of Cruising comes from, its not for some i can see, but plenty enjoy it, my wife has a client who is a " P&O Baltic loyality club member " she spent 170ish nights at sea in the 3 years before Covid, they love cruising, they are toying with when lifes gets to much for them in the house they own, just cruise non-stop

I hope they get them ships back out to sea and making money again as loads of jobs depend on it ( oh and my shares )

not sure where the hatred of Cruising comes from, its not for some i can see, but plenty enjoy it, my wife has a client who is a " P&O Baltic loyality club member " she spent 170ish nights at sea in the 3 years before Covid, they love cruising, they are toying with when lifes gets to much for them in the house they own, just cruise non-stop

I hope they get them ships back out to sea and making money again as loads of jobs depend on it ( oh and my shares )
    I don't harbour hatred for those who go from harbour to harbour.

Shares in Sony would be a good shout, as they own the ‘Three Lions’ track. Every cloud…

Cruise ships are an environmental disaster. That's certainly where some of the hatred comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Cruise ships are an environmental disaster. That's certainly where some of the hatred comes from.
    Yeah and all most all of the major European cities are pushing back on the volume. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass shooting by a local in either Venice or Barcelona should they return to same pre-covid volume.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I don't harbour hatred for those who go from harbour to harbour.
    He got it from a mole

As I work in the world of maritime charting I went to a day's convention about 'The Blue Economy' (i.e. the maritime economy) about 10 years ago and learned that even then the passengers from just one cruise liner could spend up to $3M a day in the locations they stopped at. It's no wonder that dancing girls and local drummers wait at the quays to cream off some of the incoming loot.
    The cruise lines try to outdo each other in finding more obscure locations but where the local ports need money from them to develop the ports and ensure that safe passage in and out of them are possible (which can be hairy at times). As a result, the cruise liners and ports concerned request that the areas are charted anew by the relevant charting authorities.
    One amusing phenomenon is the fact that passengers like to see the routes on various electronic monitors around the ships (apparently) - and that the cruise lines try and fudge the official charts so that unappealing locations such as Hog Harbour are shown as Champagne Beach.

whats you got going on

Problem with cruising is that it is a breeding ground for sickness bugs in normal times with the highest risk category of people predominately on board so with Covid it is an absolute nightmare scenario.

That being said with high vaccination rates in the 1st world countries, older generations who normally cruise in larger numbers will be itching to travel at the nearest opportunity, so I can see possible big upsides in the large cruise companies.