+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dominic Raab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dominic Raab

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You are just proving my point, which is that many of those criticising;

1 / Don't care about people being airlifted from Kabul airport.

2 / Do care about sectarian party political jibes.
    Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments we’ve had in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments we’ve had in a long time.
    Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.

Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.
    To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.
    Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.
    Or maybe:

1 - What you say happened, in fact didnt
    2 - Whoever made the call wouldnt have made any difference
    3 - People think its a side show to more important matters (like the ongoing airlift evacuations)

I've voted for all major parties and will gladly criticise the Tories, but just not on this trumped up charge of holiday speculation when far more important matters are taking place.

Or maybe:

3 - People think its a side show to more important matters (like the ongoing airlift evacuations)

I've voted for all major parties and will gladly criticise the Tories, but just not on this trumped up charge of holiday speculation when far more important matters are taking place.
    1. I didn't say that's what happened though, that is a fact of what happened. He was on holiday and stayed on holiday even though all this was going on.
    2. It not making a difference seems to be an opinion not a fact.
    3. No one thinks it's more important but is it not important that the foreign secretary can make correct judgement calls?

Or maybe:

His own department have not disputed the main facts.

Or maybe:

Actually on point 2 it's reported the call was delayed by a day because it was received from a junior minister and not the Afghan Minister Of Foreign Affairs' direct UK equivalent. I guess pecking-orders are important in these circles.