Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
The bit I highlighted is quite amusing when there are so many religions on the planet and them all not in perfect sync regarding morality. And human beings are sometimes better at creating a form of morality by way of laws when religions have barbaric and mysogenistic tendencies. And religions are always prone to new schisms due to internal disagreements. Abrahamism illustrates this aspect very strongly indeed. And there is always revisionism where morality is interpreted anew e.g. homosexuality in Christian churches.
Oh yeah, guess who wrote all the so-called holy books. Human beings.

I did say that reading my previous post regarding objective reality was important in terms of this one. In it, I made the point that there may be any number of alternative " truths" but only one can be correct. Therefore there are many religions which can't all be correct -

So what ? Since you are free to choose your religion - including the one which you have unwittingly chosen - you can choose which set of rules you accept. It's still not going to work if you make it up as you go along.

You prove this in your own posts by declaring religions to be barbaric and mysogenistic, which is your opinion but is that enforceable on others just because you say so ? If so, are my opinions enforceable on you too, or is it all purely up to the individual to decide for himself ? Of course, that's just another way of saying " do what you like".

Schisms are not legitimate parts of religions by the way, but that's another issue.

I'm afraid your last point about religious books being written by human beings is a very old argument which is quite silly really since all books are written by human beings aren't they ? Books about Polar Bears aren't actually written by Polar Bears and yet I believe some of them are quite accurate.