+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: West Ham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Our fans emerge out of the woodwork for the big games ......take the fa Cup, carling Cup etc ......then vanish

The history of Cardiff City crowds don't tell of these huge crowds , they show a region capable of getting good gates for big games but then a return to moderate support.

It's always been this way .
    It's that way for most clubs at our level. The only clubs at our level who still get the best gates are the ones who have had sustained presence in the PL.

I'm getting a bit fed up of discussing crowds with you. Your knowledge of football crowds beyond the 90s clearly hasn't improved. There is no evidence of our crowds plummeting to 90s levels. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that if we were PL regulars, we would soon outgrow the CCS. This is the same for so many clubs, not just us. I can see it. The data proves it.

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's that way for most clubs at our level. The only clubs at our level who still get the best gates are the ones who have had sustained presence in the PL.

I'm getting a bit fed up of discussing crowds with you. Your knowledge of football crowds beyond the 90s clearly hasn't improved. There is no evidence of our crowds plummeting to 90s levels. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that if we were PL regulars, we would soon outgrow the CCS. This is the same for so many clubs, not just us. I can see it. The data proves it.
    yet again sludge clueless on his favourite subject, Cardiff crowds and now also West Ham crowds

its been explained why West Hams crowds have been lower, council restrictions, they are a big club support wise, the Boleyn ground was great but they outgrew the capacity, the will easily sustain an average of 60000 all season,support for them in East London and Essex is massive
    As for Cardiff Sludge just cannot grasp that we have NEVER had sustained success and that's what builds higher support base, getting to the prem and staying there would easily see us fill CCS on a weekly basic,