+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    S

if we are not careful we will go the other way and lose a good Manager and gain another shit one like Hudson or Morrison.
    It will be Darren Purse, and we'll end up being relegated

Re: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Definitely don't want him he'll be another mark Hudson.

We need to stick with Bullet

Whatever odds the bookies are giving, I'll better

We aren't going down

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Whatever odds the bookies are giving, I'll better

We aren't going down
    I admire your confidence, but, and it is a big but, if Bulut goes (and I for one sincerely hope he doesn't), and Purse took over, do you honestly think we would stay up?

I admire your confidence, but, and it is a big but, if Bulut goes (and I for one sincerely hope he doesn't), and Purse took over, do you honestly think we would stay up?
    QPR in 22nd have 24 points. That's lower than average after 28 games. Even with the usual rally of sides in trouble, it would be a major surprise if a side went down with 48 points. I reckon 10 points would do, from 18 games. Even with us playing as shit as we have been, I reckon we can win 3 games from the last 18, including the usual surprise win against someone when we didn't expect it.

For us to go down we'd probably need to lose 15 of our last 18 games. Now, while I'm not sure about Bulut and, my reservation about sacking him is more down to who the club would bring in, I don't see us being that poor between now and the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    QPR in 22nd have 24 points. That's lower than average after 28 games. Even with the usual rally of sides in trouble, it would be a major surprise if a side went down with 48 points. I reckon 10 points would do, from 18 games. Even with us playing as shit as we have been, I reckon we can win 3 games from the last 18, including the usual surprise win against someone when we didn't expect it.

For us to go down we'd probably need to lose 15 of our last 18 games. Now, while I'm not sure about Bulut and, my reservation about sacking him is more down to who the club would bring in, I don't see us being that poor between now and the end of the season.
    I suppose if you look at it that way Eric, and you have obviously sat there and worked out how many points we need, then yes even with Purse in charge we could scrape to safely. The problem being is at the moment, without Ramsey, I can't see where one win is coming from let alone three. Or am I being unduly pessimistic?

Lets hope 'the usual surprise win against someone when we didn't expect it' is against the jacks at the Liberty.

I suppose if you look at it that way Eric, and you have obviously sat there and worked out how many points we need, then yes even with Purse in charge we could scrape to safely. The problem being is at the moment, without Ramsey, I can't see where one win is coming from let alone three. Or am I being unduly pessimistic?

Lets hope 'the usual surprise win against someone when we didn't expect it' is against the jacks at the Liberty.
    It can be difficult, when the team are playing poorly, when it seems there are few positives, to see where the next win will come from. Statistically we could go down.

Shortest odds I've seen on oddschecker for us to be relegated is 33/1. If we lose our next 6, we might start to worry.

Yes, easily. We need about 3 wins and we'll be fine. We are THIRTEEN points clear. QPR, Wednesday and Rotherham are well under a point a game. Mark Hudson got a point a game with this lot, if we do that we'll get to 55. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, easily. We need about 3 wins and we'll be fine. We are THIRTEEN points clear. QPR, Wednesday and Rotherham are well under a point a game. Mark Hudson got a point a game with this lot, if we do that we'll get to 55. Easy.
    I sincerely hope you are right!