+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That DM article is as racist as they come (so are the BTL comments generally). It's dangerous, mean-spirited, mis-represented, selective, bigoted racism. Written by a white guy for other white guys.
    I don't think the majority of people with issues with migration are actually doing it for racial issues but instead economic and keeping their world the same.

They'd be the same if there was a threat of working class white people were moving near.

But you're right it is mean minded.

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think the majority of people with issues with migration are actually doing it for racial issues but instead economic and keeping their world the same.

They'd be the same if there was a threat of working class white people were moving near.

But you're right it is mean minded.
    You may well be correct. It is, however, whipped up by some pretty blatant racism and xenophobia which is allowed to be peddled in a lot of MSM. I used to give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm afraid that after the Rwanda debacle and the willingness to ship innocent children over there I feel I can't afford to anymore. I'm ashamed of the UK and so, articles like this, surprise, surprise, in the DM just aren't the light reading I come to CCMB for in the morning!