+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One reason why religion is a load of bollox.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: One reason why religion is a load of bollox.

All institutions, religious or not (royal family, media, education, sports clubs, churches and workplaces etc) are often breeding grounds for sexual abuse and sexual misconduct.

The particular issue with religious institutions where this happens is particularly gruelling as they 'pretend' and set themselves up as the 'good' and morally superior than the rest of us.

MANY religious institutions are however leading the way in safeguarding children in their emergency response programs. But I can't tell you how many people, who would define themselves as 'religious', I have investigated for child abuse here in Uganda and other parts of the world using their religion, mission or church as a cover for their behaviour.

However they would probably do it anyway, even without their religious cover, and just find another way to do it.

The thing we need to be better at is tearing organisations apart when they have been found to actively cover stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    All institutions, religious or not (royal family, media, education, sports clubs, churches and workplaces etc) are often breeding grounds for sexual abuse and sexual misconduct.

The particular issue with religious institutions where this happens is particularly gruelling as they 'pretend' and set themselves up as the 'good' and morally superior than the rest of us.

MANY religious institutions are however leading the way in safeguarding children in their emergency response programs. But I can't tell you how many people, who would define themselves as 'religious', I have investigated for child abuse here in Uganda and other parts of the world using their religion, mission or church as a cover for their behaviour.

However they would probably do it anyway, even without their religious cover, and just find another way to do it.

The thing we need to be better at is tearing organisations apart when they have been found to actively cover stuff up.
    The Catholic Church has covered up and provided cover for child abuse for hundreds of years

These safeguarding children departments are laughable , run by the pope

It's like giving a robber your credit card

Religion is archaic and based on fairy tales and fantasy

Science is progress and this is what should be fed to our children , not fake stories about making blind men see and disabled people suddenly being able to walk because the son of God blessed them 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Aye
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Catholic Church has covered up and provided cover for child abuse for hundreds of years

These safeguarding children departments are laughable , run by the pope

It's like giving a robber your credit card

Religion is archaic and based on fairy tales and fantasy

Science is progress and this is what should be fed to our children , not fake stories about making blind men see and disabled people suddenly being able to walk because the son of God blessed them 🙏
    I don't disagree Sludge. The catholic church is implicit in 100's of years of cover up.

What I do see is some religious based organisations (not churches) doing some good work in this area. As an example, LWF in Uganda work in refugee communities (about 400000 people) and are one of the best organisations that help protect child, better in fact than some non-religious ones.

I think religion no matter what faith is basically and fundamentally evil.