+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid passports.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s a crazy situation. The players don’t have to be vaccinated, and plenty apparently aren’t, but you’ll have to be vaccinated to watch them. That’s nuts.

The stadium manager and his staff have my sympathies as this will be a nightmare for them sort out. The season ticket fiasco was a mess all of their own making, but this time it’s Drakeford & Co who have thrown a spanner in the works.

From next week I can go a gig in a small indoor venue with 300 other people without the need for a Covid pass, but I’ll need one if I want to watch a football match in the open air at the CCS. Madness.
    Not Drakeford more the Tory who failed to vote perhaps. The portal was open a good few hours before the vote to allow them to check all was ok apparently and the presiding officer had given him her number as well yet he ‘decided’ not to get in touch, so the story goes today. Conspiracy theory time, did he have an agenda? Did he want the ‘against’ vote scuppered? We knew Mark Drakeford’s stance well in advance, so no about turn there but this ‘no show’ Tory.....hmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not Drakeford more the Tory who failed to vote perhaps.
    Very definitely, 100% Drakeford. We can’t blame the Tories for a policy proposed by and voted in by Labour.

Very definitely, 100% Drakeford. We can’t blame the Tories for a policy proposed by and voted in by Labour.
    Which would never have succeeded if a certain Tory had got his act together.

I wouldn't call it 'blame' I would call it credit to him and the WG ruling party.

I want to turn up at the ground with a reasonable chance of not getting the virus. It's a perfectly sensible move and businesses will need to make the necessary arrangements to check documents.

This is a massive health issue, not a whim to put people to a bit of inconvenience for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I want to turn up at the ground with a reasonable chance of not getting the virus.
    Oh, I should think you’ll be fine at the ground, sitting in the open air in a 36,000-capacity stadium with 15,000 fans rattling around like peas in a drum.

However, you may be in danger of contracting the virus in the pub, or a restaurant, or on the bus or train. No Covid passes necessary in those settings.

I got the bus home at around 4:30pm yesterday. We were packed on there like sardines, but nobody was required to show proof of vaccination or negative lateral flow tests.

Like most people, I have no problem at all with any Covid-19 measures provided they make sense. However, this is one that doesn’t.

Oh, I should think you’ll be fine at the ground, sitting in the open air in a 36,000-capacity stadium with 15,000 fans rattling around like peas in a drum.
    Try walking through the Canton concourse between 1400-1500, absolute Covid factory. And I say that as someone who got Covid there (albeit at a Wales game against Estonia)