+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    'people' it was one person, and I said looking at stop and search statistics without looking at crime statistics is pointless.

Let me know when you've entered 2020
    Why is looking at stop and search figures without looking at crime statistics pointless ?

https://www.south-wales.police.uk/en/knife-crime/

Here is an operation which I am sure you and me both support which south wales police has brought in to tackle knife crime

Do you think that south wales police arrests for knife crime are dominated in the statistics by black people ?

Considering we only have a sizeable black community in cardiff who do you think is responsible for knife crime in the rest of the south wales police area ?

I would suggest its white people

Therefore why is it a black person is 7 times more likely to be stopped in south wales by the police than a white person ?

Are the police a bunch of nazis ? Clearly not , but there is obviously something that needs to be addressed, would you agree ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Why is looking at stop and search figures without looking at crime statistics pointless ?

https://www.south-wales.police.uk/en/knife-crime/

Here is an operation which I am sure you and me both support which south wales police has brought in to tackle knife crime

Do you think that south wales police arrests for knife crime are dominated in the statistics by black people ?

Considering we only have a sizeable black community in cardiff who do you think is responsible for knife crime in the rest of the south wales police area ?

I would suggest its white people

Therefore why is it a black person is 7 times more likely to be stopped in south wales by the police than a white person ?

Are the police a bunch of nazis ? Clearly not , but there is obviously something that needs to be addressed, would you agree ?
    It's pointless and tells you nothing. If you look at it in isolation you'd think it's racial, then when you look at knife crime then you understand why it's done. Glasgow did the exact same thing, looked at the areas of where the stabbings were taking place and tried to tackle the issue that way. The perpetrators were poor white people so I doubt you think racial profiling was happening there.

I do support the idea of that operation, if SW police focus on the community and issues that lead to knife crime then brilliant, it'll do more than any stop and search will (as Glasgow eventually found out) bit I am not going to guess which ethnicity is committing more knife crime without statistics, it's utterly pointless (as proven by you jumping to a conclusion about white people with zero reasoning)

Something needs to be done yes, it's no surprise that since fewer police are out and about the crime rates have gone up as well as cuts to other public services.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    you said Cardiff earlier, not South Wales. which is it?