+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: American Justice

American Justice

Got their 2 headline cases right in my humble opinion. Rittenhouse found innocent last week. The 3 pigsh*t hillbillies who assassinated Ahmaud Arbery found guilty today.

Ahmaud was out for a jog, when 3 racist pieces of filth decided to kill him. They tried to claim self defence, but were found guilty.

Feedback

Re: American Justice

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Got their 2 headline cases right in my humble opinion. Rittenhouse found innocent last week. The 3 pigsh*t hillbillies who assassinated Ahmaud Arbery found guilty today.

Ahmaud was out for a jog, when 3 racist pieces of filth decided to kill him. They tried to claim self defence, but were found guilty.
    Self defence? They got in a van and chased him.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Self defence? They got in a van and chased him.
    I'd imagine that's why the jury saw through it, and convicted the 3 scumbags!

My default position since doing jury service a few years back (which was a very enlightening experience) is to always assume the jury got it right as they have listened to all the evidence. Totally wrong that the president of the country waded into the Rittenhouse case.

Americas justice problem lies more with how the bail process seems to favour the rich and the grossly partisan media. The guy who killed 6 people at the christmas parade has posted some extremely dodgy stuff on social media and many outlets just don't report it.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    My default position since doing jury service a few years back (which was a very enlightening experience) is to always assume the jury got it right as they have listened to all the evidence. Totally wrong that the president of the country waded into the Rittenhouse case.

Americas justice problem lies more with how the bail process seems to favour the rich and the grossly partisan media. The guy who killed 6 people at the christmas parade has posted some extremely dodgy stuff on social media and many outlets just don't report it.
    Well thats a good thing if you want a fair trial based on evidence rather than pre conceived notions of the accused.

So you think the media should wade in?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So you think the media should wade in?
    No, but it was extraordinarily inappropriate for President Biden to comment on it. This stuff goes to the heart of the seperation of powers.

With no evidence whatsoever the president of the United States labelled someone facing trial a white supremacist and then said he was disappointed with the outcome. It's pretty extraordinary really.

If they're not bummed now, they soon will be.

No, but it was extraordinarily inappropriate for President Biden to comment on it. This stuff goes to the heart of the seperation of powers.

With no evidence whatsoever the president of the United States labelled someone facing trial a white supremacist and then said he was disappointed with the outcome. It's pretty extraordinary really.
    "President" Biden did not call Rittenhouse a white supremacist. Neither did private citizen Joe Biden in 2020. Although he did comment on the case.