+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm not saying you're calling this wrong at all, just making the point that it can be such a complex issue that I'm wary of diving in to criticise the club without being aware of all the facts.

Did we ever find out what went wrong with Jarrad Welch here after? I see he's now at Weston-Super-Mare. He got a red card earlier in the season and came on as sub on Saturday as Weston lost to Welling. One of Welling's goals was scored by Eli Phipps, on loan from Colchester.
    It's not a case of me being right or wrong. To me, it's plain that the club had one plan for Spence's development at the end of last season and now they have a completely different one - as the two approaches are so different, I believe it's impossible to argue that what are seeing is some smoothly operating plan that was mapped out months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's not a case of me being right or wrong. To me, it's plain that the club had one plan for Spence's development at the end of last season and now they have a completely different one - as the two approaches are so different, I believe it's impossible to argue that what are seeing is some smoothly operating plan that was mapped out months in advance.
    End of last season = nothing to play for. Perfect time to have given him a game.
    Now = chasing promotion, in top two. Situation has completely changed.

I do agree tho he should, if good enough, be playing at DVP level.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    End of last season = nothing to play for. Perfect time to have given him a game.
    Now = chasing promotion, in top two. Situation has completely changed.
    You honestly don't get it do you or do you just want an argument? Spence was playing for the Development team last season and he has barely featured for them this time around - how many times have you seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You honestly don't get it do you or do you just want an argument? Spence was playing for the Development team last season and he has barely featured for them this time around - how many times have you seen him play?
    Edited before you replied.

If deemed good enough, he should be playing for DVP. Maybe they've seen things in training that have changed that view. Who knows?