+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Parks Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Parks Football

used to play alot in the sunday leagues back then think it was called the MW developments league . lots of decent sides about back then i wonder if there is a sunday league these days (pre covid )?

Used to look forward to the summer months too with the baseball season . early 80's we had 7 leagues from prem , county to 5 leagues . llanrumney and Caerau ely dominated the game in that era with both grange sides worthy opponents . splott park was always my fav to play and always used to hit a load of runs over there against Bridgend street !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    used to play alot in the sunday leagues back then think it was called the MW developments league . lots of decent sides about back then i wonder if there is a sunday league these days (pre covid )?

Used to look forward to the summer months too with the baseball season . early 80's we had 7 leagues from prem , county to 5 leagues . llanrumney and Caerau ely dominated the game in that era with both grange sides worthy opponents . splott park was always my fav to play and always used to hit a load of runs over there against Bridgend street !!!
    You just couldn’t let it lie, couldn’t let it lie

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

You just couldn’t let it lie, couldn’t let it lie
    Mozzer once faced the bowling of Llanrumney's John Smith at Rumney Rec'. Smithy's first ball was right under Mozzer's chin and he never had time to react - the second ball he was clean bowled, swiping at thin air!
    Mozzer had a reputation of, erm... bottling it against the big boys of baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Mozzer once faced the bowling of Llanrumney's John Smith at Rumney Rec'. Smithy's first ball was right under Mozzer's chin and he never had time to react - the second ball he was clean bowled, swiping at thin air!
    Mozzer had a reputation of, erm... bottling it against the big boys of baseball!
    but never against Bridgend street

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    but never against Bridgend street
    Ah, f*ck off over Roath Park with the other ducks