Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
It’s crazy how people’s opinions can differ so massively. Of course your opinion here is true to how you feel and I wouldn’t challenge that but I feel almost the complete opposite.

The way of the football world at the moment is that every club is someone’s plaything, but these 2 guys are doing it differently. I live in North America and it has emotionally connected people I know here to football in a way that hasn’t been done before. On one of my rare visits to Twitter last week I read that the Wrexham v Notts County game had 10 million mentions and at the same time Arsenal v Liverpool had 3 million. That’s nuts.

If they make Wrexham self sustaining I think they’ll have done a miraculous job and if attracting an audience of 10’s of millions helps with that then they deserve all the credit.

Tickets for the Man Utd game are in the $300 range!!! $300 FFS!!!!

I get that they might piss off a tiny proportion of Wrexham’s 10-15,000 current fan base, but they’re not putting Malaysian dragons on their badge amd telling Ben Foster to shoot…

I love what they’ve done and I’m more than a little jealous
I totally agree wih this, they really seemed to have done things the right way - and yes there is some jealousy that if Tan had only handled things the same way

The Man Utd game is indeed a sell out, one of my US colleagues said they had been offered 2 tickets at 450USD each!!