Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
As I said before, some of the criticism has been unfair and really shown us up as fans/local media, and I think Blake was bang on when he highlighted Dalman's top 6 comment as being really unhelpful. The first team is definitely better than last year but the squad has less depth (cost cutting) and we don't really know if it's better because so many players are untested at this level - anyone telling you the squad is top 6 has been lying to you and has heaped unrealistic expectations on this season. This in a season where, again, teams with the most depth of talent will have an advantage due to amount of football being played across a short period of time.

Harris has tried to bring through young players, he did try a more progressive system earlier in the season but was it 14 games in before we had threads on here asking when he should go? There was a distinct lack of interest in youth, change of style when the results and performances weren't as good as expected. However, we should be about 9th of 10th and we're some way off that now with no sign of anything other than more struggles going forward.

I don't disagree with anything you (Sludge) say in the OP, but a good man struggling in a bad situation will eventually need to be replaced or else everyone walks away a loser. Trouble is that if we send him packing now we've got really slim pickings for the next manager so will probably be looking for a caretaker to finish the season.
The upshot is Cardiff fans want to play a different style and bring youngsters through but they are not prepared to wait the time its going to take to adopt such an approach.

Bellamy summed it up perfectly in his interview with Scott Johnson recently. He would want 3-5 years to change it but the fans are too impatient they want instant success.