+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

I'm so bored of the "style of football" and "longer term planning" conversations where I think the same points are being made - I am one of the worst offenders.

At this point the thing that is far more concerning and needs to be discussed is that:

1. Has there been a first half where we've played well this season? Didn't see Blackpool away but this is potentially the only game in seven.

2. Mick's comments about Colwill this morning (him being exhausted from emotion on weekend but would have been judged as mad not to start him) - what was that about? Is that a) Mick giving young players a hard lesson so they know they can't go into the red emotionally and perform next game which will benefit us/them longer term? Or is it b) really poor management and someone not thinking enough about how to win the next game?

Is Mick a reactive manager who does his best work at half-time? Can that fit into previous concerns about his game management and when he brings subs on - was that fair concern to begin with?

Re: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm so bored of the "style of football" and "longer term planning" conversations where I think the same points are being made - I am one of the worst offenders.

At this point the thing that is far more concerning and needs to be discussed is that:

1. Has there been a first half where we've played well this season? Didn't see Blackpool away but this is potentially the only game in seven.

2. Mick's comments about Colwill this morning (him being exhausted from emotion on weekend but would have been judged as mad not to start him) - what was that about? Is that a) Mick giving young players a hard lesson so they know they can't go into the red emotionally and perform next game which will benefit us/them longer term? Or is it b) really poor management and someone not thinking enough about how to win the next game?

Is Mick a reactive manager who does his best work at half-time? Can that fit into previous concerns about his game management and when he brings subs on - was that fair concern to begin with?
    I remember when he was appointed Ipswich fans mentioned Mick could be very stubborn and do a kind of "I told you so" routine to fans if players they wanted to see didn't play particularly well in a game. That's what that comment suggests to me.

Withdrawing those two struck me a poor management and a friend said Mick's basically "thrown them under the bus" and scapegoated them. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but they certainly weren't the problem in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I've thought about that comment again and it really has baffled me because looking at last night's squad who starts over him, Collins? He's a completely different player and position. Bowen? Completely different player and position. Evans is the one closest to him I'd guess but I'd be surprised if Mick was thinking of starting him