Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Red shirts.
    This. What an embarrassment.

Re: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. What an embarrassment.
    Red Scarves for me

That picture of that bloke holding one up in the ground

Most of the toilets were blocked up with them and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian stand

Not nice for those who had to clear them up but a fitting end in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Red Scarves for me

That picture of that bloke holding one up in the ground

Most of the toilets were blocked up with them and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian stand

Not nice for those who had to clear them up but a fitting end in my opinion
    That was bad. It's all part of the same thing to me though. You can add Malaysian flags and people wanking over Sam Hammam to the list.

Putting a painter and decorator in charge of our transfer policy

I might be way off the mark here but didn’t we once buy a ten seater plane to fly the team to away games?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I might be way off the mark here but didn’t we once buy a ten seater plane to fly the team to away games?
    Kenton Utilities

Red Scarves for me

Utter fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Utter fantasy.
    Well it was in the western mail and there were loads of letters at the time supporting the lobbing of the scarves into the piss trays and reports of scarves being set on fire

What do you know that the Western mail that night didn't?

Spill the beans

Well it was in the western mail and there were loads of letters at the time supporting the lobbing of the scarves into the piss trays and reports of scarves being set on fire

What do you know that the Western mail that night didn't?

Spill the beans
    I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing.

A few, threw their scarves onto the pitch. One or two people towards the end doing the same and hurling lots of abuse at the rest of our subdued fans.

And I also recall lots of surplus scarves left on the concourse as we walked out. But let’s not re write history, it was an embarrassing, pathetic response from us, who by and large just accepted it.

And were glad of a freebe.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing.

A few, threw their scarves onto the pitch. One or two people towards the end doing the same and hurling lots of abuse at the rest of our subdued fans.

And I also recall lots of surplus scarves left on the concourse as we walked out. But let’s not re write history, it was an embarrassing, pathetic response from us, who by and large just accepted it.

And were glad of a freebe.....
    We all know that the support base of this football club by and large accepted the change to Red. Some were just happy to be promised money for players , some openly embraced the idea , some threatened others who didn't want our colours changed etc and many reluctantly accepted the change whilst voicing their displeasure

But with regard to the specific point I distinctly remember reading reports of scarves being set on fire , toilets being blocked and the urinals full of red scarves

In the following days letters were being posted online and in the western mail from " angry of Bedwas " saying some of our fans were yobs for their actions

The club of course had two options , to openly come out and criticise those who flushed scarves down the bogs and blocked them or keep quiet , printing silly pictures of fans in red , which they did .

But with regard to the specific point I distinctly remember reading reports of scarves being set on fire , toilets being blocked and the urinals full of red scarves.
    Pure fantasy.