+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Palestine Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Haven’t read the whole thread (yet) but it always amazes and saddens me that a race that went through what the Jews did in the 20th century can behave in the way they do towards another race no matter the argument.
    This how i feel .Just so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This how i feel .Just so sad.
    The deputy head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said Monday that Tehran’s strategy was to eventually wipe Israel off the “global political map.” - Article

Yes, brilliant logic, they should allow anyone to have another pop at erasing them from history

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    The deputy head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said Monday that Tehran’s strategy was to eventually wipe Israel off the “global political map.” - Article

Yes, brilliant logic, they should allow anyone to have another pop at erasing them from history
    yes your bible is so perfect too.

“The Lord shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways. Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’

“The Lord shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways. Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’
    So what imperfection are you referring to re the above passage?

So what imperfection are you referring to re the above passage?
    How about using dead bodies as a footstool,very christian ways.

How about using dead bodies as a footstool,very christian ways.
    That particular phrase is a metaphor, and if you look at their history, and to use a footballing term, they have always used the counter attack rather than gone looking for enemies to defeat.
    To disagree with such actions, you would also need to say that Churchill was wrong by saying "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender".

Or should we be all talking German, never missing penalties and buying sauerkraut on the way home from the match?

God has determined certain things that will happen for Israel come what may. While many may not understand that mindset, God has also said that all who stand by them will prosper and vv for those who do the opposite. History has repeatedly shown this to be true.

God has determined certain things that will happen for Israel come what may. While many may not understand that mindset, God has also said that all who stand by them will prosper and vv for those who do the opposite. History has repeatedly shown this to be true.
    No, many do not understand that mindset.

It is depressing, infantile and dangerous.

It leads to your stance of not just excusing, but trumpeting war crimes and daily human rights abuses.

Slow but incessant ethnic cleansing to you is evidence of Israeli 'restraint' - as if they should get a Nobel Peace Prize for taking their time!

And history has shown nothing of the sort!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No, many do not understand that mindset.

It is depressing, infantile and dangerous.

It leads to your stance of not just excusing, but trumpeting war crimes and daily human rights abuses.

Slow but incessant ethnic cleansing to you is evidence of Israeli 'restraint' - as if they should get a Nobel Peace Prize for taking their time!

And history has shown nothing of the sort!
    Thanks for admitting you don't understand, and the expected attack without dialogue.

The truth is, you are more interested in hatred than understanding.

Thanks for admitting you don't understand, and the expected attack without dialogue.

The truth is, you are more interested in hatred than understanding.
    I think I understand very well.

What sort of 'dialogue' do you expect? You will not convert me to supernatural beliefs or to unquestioning and total acceptance of the literal truth of the Old Testament.

You have adopted a world view that is irrational, and leads to systemic state racism and abuse - with your full unqualified support.

And you have the gall to accuse me of hatred? I hate your belief system - which presumably also includes barbaric and inhuman views on sexual orientation, adultery and alternative beliefs to your own? The supposed 'word of God' covers a lot of categories and Bronze Age transgressions. But I don't hate you. Pity maybe.

There have been at least half a dozen other posters who have strong religious beliefs and have contributed to the threads on religion and faith. I disagree with most of them but have no problem discussing the issues, am interested in their views, and sometimes finding some areas of common ground. But fundamentalist evangelicals like you occupy a space beyond debate. You belong in Gilead!