+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Raab

Re: Dominic Raab

Should have a list of Tory boy whining.

1 but but but Jeremy Corbyn
    2 but but but Diane Abbott
    3 poor Boris such difficult times.
    4 they are only criticising for political point scoring.
    5 At least Boris hasnt stopped me getting my lamb chops at my preferred butchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

5 At least Boris hasnt stopped me getting my lamb chops at my preferred butchers.
    You've misspelt winning ;)

BBC news at lunchtime said that Raab was asked to make phone-call to his equal in Afghanistan by his department's advisers but he delegated job to more junior position.

UK government's position as of 8th of July was that there isn't military path for Taliban victory which has been proved false very quickly.

Question is whether Raab showed poor judgement in misunderstanding what could happen over 1month plus and poor judgement again by asking person junior to him to make, on face of it, such a critical phone-call both of which have had dire outcomes.

UK are now reacting as quickly as possible but it's easy in hindsight, isn't it?

I'm sure Raab and Johnson would both have been straight on it if some of their mates/donors could have made a few quid out of the situation.

Cameron

What an oily git he's turned out to be

Who would have thought that eh 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.
    To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.
    Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.

Same topic given he's foreign secretary
    If the actual important thing is what's going on in Kabul, why was this your first post?

Should he not go on holiday?

Or are you basing the insults on what the Labour Party have said? Because, as a general rule, you cant trust opposition parties to be entirely truthful about situations regarding their political opponents..
    What's more important boots on the ground or boots on your tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.
    Or maybe:

1 - What you say happened, in fact didnt
    2 - Whoever made the call wouldnt have made any difference
    3 - People think its a side show to more important matters (like the ongoing airlift evacuations)

I've voted for all major parties and will gladly criticise the Tories, but just not on this trumped up charge of holiday speculation when far more important matters are taking place.

No knee jerk reaction here I am afraid. Just seeing Dominic Rabb in the news serves as a reminder how much of an absolute c*nt the bloke is.

Or maybe:

3 - People think its a side show to more important matters (like the ongoing airlift evacuations)

I've voted for all major parties and will gladly criticise the Tories, but just not on this trumped up charge of holiday speculation when far more important matters are taking place.
    1. I didn't say that's what happened though, that is a fact of what happened. He was on holiday and stayed on holiday even though all this was going on.
    2. It not making a difference seems to be an opinion not a fact.
    3. No one thinks it's more important but is it not important that the foreign secretary can make correct judgement calls?

Or maybe:

His own department have not disputed the main facts.

JamesWales performance in this thread has been the best display of ccmb boot licking we've ever had. Fair play to the lad.

JamesWales performance in this thread has been the best display of ccmb boot licking we've ever had. Fair play to the lad.
    Hes a btec WalesBales

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes a btec WalesBales

It's not bootlicking, I just think you are talking nonsense, have provided no evidence to back up what you say, are being an example of Captain Hindsight and are more interested in gossip about holidays than the fact we are airlifting people to safety in their thousands.

It's a fact that thousands are being airlifted to safety.

It's not a fact that a phone call that may or may not have been made has had any material impact on safety at all. Indeed, for all you know, direct contact with a UK govt minister may put former Afghan ministers in more danger with the Taliban.

Best to deal with facts I think. If we weren't evacuating people and working on the ground now then I would wholly agree with the criticism...but we are, so I don't.

I didn’t report the story you soppy bollocks. It’s facts and his own department have confirmed he was on holiday and a junior made the call.

It’s got nothing to do with the normal evacuation either but about the translators. Which is pretty important when the taliban are hunting down anyone who complied with outside forces.

Raab is a **** and has acted like a **** yet again, carry on bootlicking though

In one sentence there you are both saying that the Taliban are hunting down those who complied with outside forces whilst also insisting that the head of foreign affairs in those same outside forces should be personally making specific phone calls.

I think that demonstrates that this is a complex, nuanced issue that is more complicated than you give it credit.

We can see people leaving in fkn British planes. That's evidence.

There is no evidence that him not making a specific phone call has had any impact on anyone whatsoever. If you can prove it has then I would entirely agree with you.

Or maybe:

Actually on point 2 it's reported the call was delayed by a day because it was received from a junior minister and not the Afghan Minister Of Foreign Affairs' direct UK equivalent. I guess pecking-orders are important in these circles.

It's not bootlicking, I just think you are talking nonsense, have provided no evidence to back up what you say, are being an example of Captain Hindsight and are more interested in gossip about holidays than the fact we are airlifting people to safety in their thousands.

It's a fact that thousands are being airlifted to safety.

It's not a fact that a phone call that may or may not have been made has had any material impact on safety at all. Indeed, for all you know, direct contact with a UK govt minister may put former Afghan ministers in more danger with the Taliban.

Best to deal with facts I think. If we weren't evacuating people and working on the ground now then I would wholly agree with the criticism...but we are, so I don't.
    6. Captain Hindsight. Another Tory whine all too common after the bufoon and co s continuous feck ups.

Oh, the bastion of truth!
    the queen is over a thousand years old , she's not going remember everything..c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

No 5

Raab was always an underachiever.

If you remember when Boris was critically unwell with Covid, Raab stepped up and looked like a startled rabbit and was completely out of his depth .

Who in thier right mind would want to be a politician.

He's not very good at this winding up lark is he.

Meanwhile, it seems that the call wasn't made at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-mps-to-resign

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's not very good at this winding up lark is he.

Meanwhile, it seems that the call wasn't made at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-mps-to-resign
    It is very hard to defend some people. So I won't bother.

He should be replace by someone who has knowledge in foreign affairs

|Such as the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs committee

Tom Tughendhat of course. From what I read He is highly intelligent, well thought of on all sides of the house.

Surely a better fit than Dominic Raab.

It won't happen of course and Raab probably won't go now. But he may in the reshuffle which has been predicted for months