+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Splott Boozer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Splott Boozer

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarksplott View Post
    Tony could have gone a long way in Rugby if circumstances were different , as you probably know he could be a right handful in his day but saying that he was a very fair bloke if there was any disputes.
    Yeah he was alright Tony, bit of a chequered life. Born in Norwich if memory serves, brought up in Adamsdown obviously, not sure how, adopted?? Wales u/15 cap at rugby. Photo up with cap in Lady Mary outside main hall. Things could have been looking bright, but could they? Black lad end of the 1960s, although he had a Welsh cap would Union readily accept him? Or would League have been an option?

Perhaps the rough & tumble of Adamsdown and the odd game for the AcAcs was a bigger pull. I’m sure he had a spell in the CRFC youth system which obviously didn’t work out.

Very sad it all ended on a doorstep in Sanquhar St after a domestic stabbing.

Re: Splott Boozer

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yeah he was alright Tony, bit of a chequered life. Born in Norwich if memory serves, brought up in Adamsdown obviously, not sure how, adopted?? Wales u/15 cap at rugby. Photo up with cap in Lady Mary outside main hall. Things could have been looking bright, but could they? Black lad end of the 1960s, although he had a Welsh cap would Union readily accept him? Or would League have been an option?

Perhaps the rough & tumble of Adamsdown and the odd game for the AcAcs was a bigger pull. I’m sure he had a spell in the CRFC youth system which obviously didn’t work out.

Very sad it all ended on a doorstep in Sanquhar St after a domestic stabbing.
    I met his mother at his funeral sadly. I think his father was an american GI visiting our shores . Don't know why he was sent to Cardiff but it was his nana who brought him up in adamsdown.
    With the rugby I think you're right about the CRFC youth system I am sure he played alongside Danny Wilson ,Ryan Giggs dad. Whilst Danny went north because as you said he had no chance of advancing with the WRU of that era , I think Tony just prefered to party.
    Danny did try to convince him to follow him up north but was pissed off with the racism.
    Sad ending but the relationship was always toxic.