Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
you are way off target. The Senedd position and public health law fine, essential and non essential lists for public health reasons fine. But then it jumps big time into the Commercial area by extending its non essential list ( being kind because no list exists) to essential shops taking choice away from the public...why? To defend the commercial interests of those private businesses which they instructed to close, despite the fact that there are other financial compensation schemes in place.
They have already admitted that they were wrong and acted outside of the legislation ( which kindly highlighted above)
There is no doubt at all that they have acted in an anti- competitive way and are now busy correcting things by legislating the non essential list in essential shops for public health reasons, which they should have done in the first place.
The meeting with the retail sector yesterday would have irritated a few sores and I predict there will be announcement later today softening the current stance.
Finally, just so you too are able to learn to take first steps in the area, the Senedd has legitimate powers and in this specific case we are talking public health, so powerful that it could if it wanted close all retail establishments for public health reasons. It’s in a legitimate dominant position. When it starts interfering within the commercial area unlawfully it’s abusing thar dominant position in a market place. As said previously this could impact on 5% of Uk supermarkets, or in a more specific market it impacted on 100% of supermarkets in Wales. It is a complex area so I appreciate the fact that you are finding it difficult to understand
You seem to have an almost evangelical zeal to demonstrate your conflation of two elements of law to draw erroneous conclusions. If the law set out above has been interpreted incorrectly it is that law which would be subject to legal challenge. If you want to be right in your own head despite these simple facts I can't stop you.