+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, but there are too many who are too stupid to realise this.
    Tomorrow's papers

https://news.sky.com/story/saturdays...pages-12427754

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Hang on are you now saying language doesn't matter?!

Nope..I'm replying to whoever it was that said the comments were about the 1930s not actions in the 1940...but the Nazis started murdering people in the 1930s.
    "Hang on are you now saying language doesn't matter?!"

What?

?????

This has definitely backfired for the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Who said the "current policy is like the Nazis"?
    I’d guess the mail were the first to paraphrase, like tomorrows front page which James shared

The express is hilarious, celebrating the big deal rishi has brokered where france will accept more money. The brexiteers will be over the moon no doubt

Who said the "current policy is like the Nazis"?
    If you are suggesting that people need to explicitly say those exact words for that meaning to be taken then by definition you are undermining Linekers tweet, because Suella Braverman has never made a speech like in 1930s Germany.

You can't have it both ways.

If Lineker didn't think he was linking govt policy to the Nazis then maybe he should think more carefully before tweeting and make his point in a more intelligent manner?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. You are all a bunch of stinking smelling Nazis.

Guten Nacht!

And after the "lettuce" from the Daily Star, "The BBC have gone too VAR". 😂

In what way exactly?
    You're basically defending Lineker's comments.

The press don't rule the rest of us ffs.
    If you go on Twitter, there's a shit-ton of people that disagree with what he's said, but that won't make front-page news tomorrow, obviously.

The millionaires that support his stance, obviously will make front page news.
    There's a ridiculous amount of people on social media that don't support his stance.

Who's right?
    The few privelleged millionaires, or the ridiculous amount of people slamming them?

can anyone from the hive mind honestly say the asylum system can cope with the number of economic migrants coming to the uk? better 10 guilty men go free rather than 1 innocent be found guilty, why not vet all 11 and only let in the... good one

If you are suggesting that people need to explicitly say those exact words for that meaning to be taken then by definition you are undermining Linekers tweet, because Suella Braverman has never made a speech like in 1930s Germany.

If Lineker didn't think he was linking govt policy to the Nazis then maybe he should think more carefully before tweeting and make his point in a more intelligent manner?
    And once again you totally avoid the actual tweet itself for your own agenda. Are you being deliberately obtuse or just an awkward fecker? Lineker never suggested Braverman made a speech like in 1930s Germany. He's only mentioned the language used.

"If you are suggesting that people need to explicitly say those exact words for that meaning" - surely that's what you do with words? Man says he's painted his garage wall white. Should we assume a subtext? You can only take Lineker's tweet for the words he used.

Lineker wasn't linking government policy to the Nazis. If he had intended to, he'd have said using those things called words. Maybe people should be more intelligent and read what is actually there, not make things up, twist things etc. You're one of the worst for this.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    can anyone from the hive mind honestly say the asylum system can cope with the number of economic migrants coming to the uk? better 10 guilty men go free rather than 1 innocent be found guilty, why not vet all 11 and only let in the... good one
    There are people who would show great delight if a boat with immigrants sank in the English channel. I find that very sad.

Jesus Christ. I feel like you're embarrassing yourself a bit now.

He said that the language that was used was *like* 1930s Germany.

How the hell do you get him saying the policy was like one used in Nazi Germany from that without doing a lot of mental gymnastics?

Lineker's outspoken enough to say those words if he felt that way - but he didn't, because it isn't.

It's almost like you want to be angry about his tweet but can't be angry enough about it unless you pretend that he was saying something else.

This is a bit like when Lee Anderson said that people can prepare a meal for 30p.

You gave a couple of examples of what he might have meant by those words instead of admitting that he meant "people are able to prepare a meal for 30p".

And once again you totally avoid the actual tweet itself for your own agenda. Are you being deliberately obtuse or just an awkward fecker? Lineker never suggested Braverman made a speech like in 1930s Germany. He's only mentioned the language used.

"If you are suggesting that people need to explicitly say those exact words for that meaning" - surely that's what you do with words? Man says he's painted his garage wall white. Should we assume a subtext? You can only take Lineker's tweet for the words he used.

Lineker wasn't linking government policy to the Nazis. If he had intended to, he'd have said using those things called words. Maybe people should be more intelligent and read what is actually there, not make things up, twist things etc. You're one of the worst for this.
    This is pretty much the same as what I replied.

Certain people here and the usual
    Media are coming in swarms to gear up Linekers language, when he was just asking the govt to tone down its language

Eric, I am sure you are smarter than this. You don't need to gaslight people.

He linked the current govt policy to Nazi Germany. A well paid lawyer could argue he didn't mean that, I am sure he wishes he had referenced it slightly better, but that's what he said and people are fine to take that inference.

In the same way that Clarkson probably didn't literally mean that Meghan Markle should be paraded naked through the streets, but that is what he wrote and what he was reprimanded for.

Criticise the policy all you like, but when you make lazy references to the holocaust, world war 2, Hitler, Nazis etc, then you are playing with fire really, and people are bound to take umbridge.

Second world war analogies should be used very very sparingly in my opinion.

Anyway, I am off to bed, so g'night!

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    Economic migrants aren't asylum seekers.

Sincerely,

The Hive Mind

He linked the current govt policy to Nazi Germany.
    No he didn't. You, and other right wing cretins have invented this to suit your agenda.

Come back to me when you're actually prepared to discuss the words Lineker used, not what you think he might have meant. Otherwise, don't bother as I'm not going to waste my effort replying to your fiction.

Anyone who thought that was wrong. But that is EXACTLY the tactic people are deploying now - using an extreme example to try to make a point.

Saying Corbyn will make Britain communist - Wrong
    Saying the vaccine is like the Holocaust - Wrong
    Saying current policy is like the Nazis - Wrong.

It's all fkn stupid. World war 2 analogies nearly always are.
    But James, the stuff about corbyn was allowed on so many different platforms and by so many different individuals, there was another accusation made against him which i shall not mention, which wasn't true of him, yet all of these things were allowed to burn without much challenge from anyone, yet what linekar has said has caught the attention of the media and this board, as well as other social platforms at astronomical levels, yet a right wing media and political figures making shit up in order to destroy an individual (corbyn) was seen as fair game and people just seemed to accept it.

I was about to be a smart arse and say "let's leave it alone lads, tomorrow is another day", and then I looked at my clock and tomorrow is today 😐

He linked the current govt policy to Nazi Germany. A well paid lawyer could argue he didn't mean that, I am sure he wishes he had referenced it slightly better, but that's what he said and people are fine to take that inference.

"In the same way that Clarkson probably didn't literally mean that Meghan Markle should be paraded naked through the streets, but that is what he wrote and what he was reprimanded for."

Criticise the policy all you like, but when you make lazy references to the holocaust, world war 2, Hitler, Nazis etc, then you are playing with fire really, and people are bound to take umbridge.

Second world war analogies should be used very very sparingly in my opinion.

Anyway, I am off to bed, so g'night!
    "In the same way that Clarkson probably didn't literally mean that Meghan Markle should be paraded naked through the streets, but that is what he wrote and what he was reprimanded for"

Nice analogy, except Clarkson wrote those exact words, even if he didn't mean it literally.

You have placed your own interpretation on Lineker's words which didn't once compare the government's policy to Nazi Germany.

He did say (in case you missed it the other 1000 times it's been pointed out to you) that the language they used was like 1930s Germany.

Wonderful news , goodbye to bloated self indulgent overpaid presenters , hope Wright and Shearer follow , there smart arse pundit jokes were dreadful, just show more footy highlights , with Warnock, McCarthy & Holloway in supporting roles .

Send the wages saved to a fund to prop free licences for over 70's

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wonderful news , goodbye to bloated self indulgent overpaid presenters , hope Wright and Shearer follow , there smart arse pundit jokes were dreadful, just show more footy highlights , with Warnock, McCarthy & Holloway in supporting roles .

What an unexpected take on these events

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

The over 70s should pay double, they're the ones sat at home watching 'Waiting to die' TV, like re runs of cash in the attic.