+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

What's Bacuna done wrong here? He's respectful and complimentary towards Warnock and says he enjoyed playing under him. He says that if we get it right against Boro we should win, I'm glad to hear it. Nice interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    What's Bacuna done wrong here? He's respectful and complimentary towards Warnock and says he enjoyed playing under him. He says that if we get it right against Boro we should win, I'm glad to hear it. Nice interview.
    It's just the last line

"It's all about us. If we do the right thing, work hard and play the tactics the manager gave us, I don't think we have got any trouble beating Middlesbrough."

It comes across as arrogant and a classic "stick it up on the dressing room wall for the teamtalk" quote. Warnock knows our team inside out anyway, giving him "look how little they think of you" ammo to use to motivate Boro when there's so much at stake is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It was the last line about beating them easily enough which I thought wasn't the done thing. Even if you think we're gonna stuff this bunch of cloggers you say they're a good side and we're going to have to be at our best etc, keep your confidence to yourself. No need to give it an extra edge when they could be thinking their season is done. Maybe I'm worrying too much; we'll see.