+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

I've just been looking at the BBC Wales round up of the days developments. Don't you just love the way journalists twist things
    A consultant at UHW contacts the press and tells them that at the peak of the pandemic (in April) the IC unit was within 1 week of being overrun. (Which means it was not ever really too close).

BBC reports that the IC unit at UHW "IS" within a week of being overrun, which is quite clearly and patently untrue. Why do they bother?

The other thing that bothers me was that Mr Drakeford said he hopes that at the end of the next 2 weeks he hopes we 'may' be able to do more whilst still being in the red zone. So far we can go to the library and the garden centre. What wonderful things will we be able to do on 26 May?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A consultant at UHW contacts the press and tells them that at the peak of the pandemic (in April) the IC unit was within 1 week of being overrun. (Which means it was not ever really too close).

What are you basing this statement on?

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What are you basing this statement on?
    Well they were a week away from being overrun in his estimation, good as that may be, and that must have been based on some known information, but they never actually reached that point. If they had we would have heard about it a lot earlier than now.

Well they were a week away from being overrun in his estimation, good as that may be, and that must have been based on some known information, but they never actually reached that point. If they had we would have heard about it a lot earlier than now.
    Yeah but when the experienced critical care consultant said that they were a week away from being overrun he didn't say that was a positive, it was a marker of how serious things were.

You've stated that the fact they were a week away meant that it was not ever really too close so I'm wondering what medical experience you have to be able to make that statement basically overruling him?

International

Yeah but when the experienced critical care consultant said that they were a week away from being overrun he didn't say that was a positive, it was a marker of how serious things were.

You've stated that the fact they were a week away meant that it was not ever really too close so I'm wondering what medical experience you have to be able to make that statement basically overruling him?
    I'm not trying to overrule him. I'm pointing out that he is saying it was so in April and the BBC is then saying it is now!!!

I'm not trying to overrule him. I'm pointing out that he is saying it was so in April and the BBC is then saying it is now!!!
    I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about this bit:

I'm just fascinated to know what xsnaggle off the football messageboard is basing his confident assertion on that a week from being overrun is not ever really too close for an ICU unit, when a critical care consultant finds it so close that he talks to the press about it?

What do you know that he doesn't, and how? Being that he's a critical care consultant at Wales's biggest hospital and all.

International

I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about this bit:

I'm just fascinated to know what xsnaggle off the football messageboard is basing his confident assertion on that a week from being overrun is not ever really too close for an ICU unit, when a critical care consultant finds it so close that he talks to the press about it?

What do you know that he doesn't, and how? Being that he's a critical care consultant at Wales's biggest hospital and all.
    Are you deliberately missing the point?

The point was that the consultant said it was close to being overrun at the peak of the pandemic in April and the BBC then changed that to say that it is within a week of being overrun NOW!! If you look again my first sentence was about journalists twisting things, Not about the consultant being wrong.