+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The tunnels predated the Act of Devolution by 30 years. I guess there was free-flowing traffic until the Assembly was formed. Amazingly though in those 20 years the Irish economy has boomed even though massive amounts of their imports and exports travel through crumbling Welsh infrastructure. A question to an Irish haulier from Cork or Tipperary whether the Brynglas tunnel or the Channel Tunnel is their biggest problem in 2021 might solve the riddle you are grappling with.
    I'm not grappling with anything I do know that many logistical companies were put off using Wales because of its very poor transport infrastructure and bridge tolls and settled their depots just off the tunnels and the bridge in England, measuring Eire with Wales is not the same in my humble view , we had a huge opportunity to better reach England and its parts via North , Mid and South Wales, sadly we never had a plan or a vision .

Labour has had 20 years to get a grip .

Re: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not grappling with anything I do know that many logistical companies were put off using Wales because of its very poor transport infrastructure and bridge tolls and settled their depots just off the tunnels and the bridge in England, measuring Eire with Wales is not the same in my humble view , we had a huge opportunity to better reach England and its parts via North , Mid and South Wales, sadly we never had a plan or a vision .

Labour has had 20 years to get a grip .
    Who would have thought that the simple observation that significant amounts of Irish freight that has fuelled its expanding economy travels through the road networks that you think stifled Ineos investment would cause so much confusion for you.