Thread: Newport GK just scored!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newport GK just scored!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The

Law 16.
    Procedure.
    Item 2. The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves.

It doesn’t have to bounce.
    Someone changed the rules! I'm convinced....years ago admittedly....the ball wasnt in play from a goal kick until it touched another player or the ground. Therefore a corner is awarded if the ball goes directly into the opposition goal directly from a goal kick. Any (old) refs on here who can confirm that change?

Re: Newport GK just scored!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Someone changed the rules! I'm convinced....years ago admittedly....the ball wasnt in play from a goal kick until it touched another player or the ground. Therefore a corner is awarded if the ball goes directly into the opposition goal directly from a goal kick. Any (old) refs on here who can confirm that change?
    I think it’s always been a corner if the ball blows back and goes into the kicker’s goals but I do think that in the past if it went the length of the pitch directly into the opponents goals without touching any other player, a goal kick was awarded to the opponents, not a corner to the kicker’s team. It must be a fairly recent change that a goal is awarded direct from a goal kick but a goal it is as the law now states and Newport’s ‘keeper has proved.