+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Italian Clubs: Three European Finals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Italian Clubs: Three European Finals

A few years ago I started a thread showing (in my opinion), the 10 most famous clubs in Europe, listed either because of their success or just as important the magic their name conjures up. There were 3 Italian clubs; Juventus, AC Milan and Inter on the list.

For the record and in no particular order the other 7 were:
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Ajax
    Benfica

Funnily enough this list has not altered one bit in over 20 years, even though there are other teams like Chelsea, Porto, Dortmund etc that have been quite successful in this period. They just lack that bit of magic that the names of the above teams are able to convey. All subjective of course.

Re: Italian Clubs: Three European Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    A few years ago I started a thread showing (in my opinion), the 10 most famous clubs in Europe, listed either because of their success or just as important the magic their name conjures up. There were 3 Italian clubs; Juventus, AC Milan and Inter on the list.

For the record and in no particular order the other 7 were:
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Ajax
    Benfica

Funnily enough this list has not altered one bit in over 20 years, even though there are other teams like Chelsea, Porto, Dortmund etc that have been quite successful in this period. They just lack that bit of magic that the names of the above teams are able to convey. All subjective of course.
    I see kids in PSG shirts so I'm guessing they might be pushing to get in. That said all that outlay hasn't transferred to European success