Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
Boris Johnsons great asset has been his election winning ability.

But as I saw somewhere recently you campaign in poetry and govern in prose ( or something like that!) and unfortunately Boris Joihnson cannot manage the prose. General Election campaigns are every 5 years not every day and the bread and butter business of day to day government has proved beyond him.

HIs lack of attention to detail isone of the reasons for this, but he got round this in the past by seemingly having the abilityto pick people around him who could do the hard yards well without dropping the ball.

This ability seems to have deserted him and whilst his various advisors may or may not be working hard, they have developed an ability to either lose sight of or drop the ball which makes the England slip cordon look world class!

I onlly voted for the Tory Party in 2017 and 2019 because I detested Corbyn so much.

I am still unconvinced by Starmer and wouild not vote in an election if held tomorrow or the near future.

Unless he show miraculous powers of recovery I am unlikely to vote for any government headed by Johnston at all (ditto if Raab ( does he even rank as second rate???) or Pretti Patel my some mischance got voted in a s Tory leader)

My impression to use that hackneyed phrase is that Boris Johnston has "lost the dressing room" or at least a significant part of it and I would not be at all surprised to see a leadership election in the first half of 2022
Whose this Boris Johnston you talk about