+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ah so you’re assuming. If you are going to imply the club is institutionally racist at least back it up with something a bit more substantial than an assumption.
    I’m using evidence to say society is institutionally racist when it comes to hiring people.

I don’t believe the club is any better or worse than anywhere else in that case. But I have always thought considering the location of the club we have a surprisingly low number of non white fans.

It’s the use of reverse racism I have an issue with which is bordering on ignorant at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m using evidence to say society is institutionally racist when it comes to hiring people.

I don’t believe the club is any better or worse than anywhere else in that case. But I have always thought considering the location of the club we have a surprisingly low number of non white fans.

It’s the use of reverse racism I have an issue with which is bordering on ignorant at best.
    We’ve only heard one side and no context on how that term was used. That’s if it was used directly and isn’t just the person in the articles interpretation of what the club officer was saying. It’s a second hand quote but in typical CCMB fashion let’s hang, draw and quarter the football club before getting their take on the matter.

As for the hiring, as I’m suffering insomnia at the moment I googled a few things last night/this mornind and found out we employ many PoC staff, not just in the zero hour contract departments such as catering department, but also in community engagement roles and also our head of fitness and conditioning, Carl Serrant, is a PoC. So in the first team alone the assistant manager and head of fitness are PoC. Also, its no secret Sol Bamba is being groomed as a future coach, possibly manager of the football club.

I also took Mozzers advice and googled the Cardiff City Community Foundation and the tremendous work they do. Work they do with local schools and local community teams, some of which he has had personal experience actually running a multi cultural junior team in the community himself for a decade.

However, in typical CCMB fashion again, he gets shouted down by someone with an example from 11 years ago and who’s opinions on all matters, not just football, opinions which he strongly try’s to force onto others, are usually formed from experiences 20-30 years ago. It’s utterly laughable,

Finally, there is also the House of Sport facility, a not for profit facility in the local community, one ive had the pleasure of attending regularly before covid struck as my daughter played in a netball league there. It employs people from within the local community and is also used by a very diverse membership. Yes it was Steve Borleys idea but Ken Choo is a trustee and the facility is clearly connected to the club.

Personally I think to suggest the club isn’t trying to do its bit in the diverse local community and is no better or worse to the rest of society is an insult to some of the obvious good work that it actually does.

I don’t agree with DML very often, not least because I think he’s a multi with a personality disorder, but he’s right about one thing. It’s the usual suspects knocking the club again.

We’ve only heard one side and no context on how that term was used. That’s if it was used directly and isn’t just the person in the articles interpretation of what the club officer was saying. It’s a second hand quote but in typical CCMB fashion let’s hang, draw and quarter the football club before getting their take on the matter.

As for the hiring, as I’m suffering insomnia at the moment I googled a few things last night/this mornind and found out we employ many PoC staff, not just in the zero hour contract departments such as catering department, but also in community engagement roles and also our head of fitness and conditioning, Carl Serrant, is a PoC. So in the first team alone the assistant manager and head of fitness are PoC. Also, its no secret Sol Bamba is being groomed as a future coach, possibly manager of the football club.

I also took Mozzers advice and googled the Cardiff City Community Foundation and the tremendous work they do. Work they do with local schools and local community teams, some of which he has had personal experience actually running a multi cultural junior team in the community himself for a decade.

However, in typical CCMB fashion again, he gets shouted down by someone with an example from 11 years ago and who’s opinions on all matters, not just football, opinions which he strongly try’s to force onto others, are usually formed from experiences 20-30 years ago. It’s utterly laughable,

Finally, there is also the House of Sport facility, a not for profit facility in the local community, one ive had the pleasure of attending regularly before covid struck as my daughter played in a netball league there. It employs people from within the local community and is also used by a very diverse membership. Yes it was Steve Borleys idea but Ken Choo is a trustee and the facility is clearly connected to the club.

Personally I think to suggest the club isn’t trying to do its bit in the diverse local community and is no better or worse to the rest of society is an insult to some of the obvious good work that it actually does.

I don’t agree with DML very often, not least because I think he’s a multi with a personality disorder, but he’s right about one thing. It’s the usual suspects knocking the club again.
    I don't think that Reverse Racism is much of a problem for white people in this country, sure, there will be isolated incidents that effect individuals, but overall and institutionally, racism towards white people in the UK isn't a problem. That isn't difficult to work out, as it isn't Black people who hold the seat of power institutionally, establishment wise or in business. A white person is much more likely to be discriminated against due to class.

The Term 'Reverse Racism' is clearly wrong, it's a bit like saying that white and black people are even in that department and that it can and has effected all of us equally. That is categorically wrong in every respect, and in whatever context it was used, it was wrong.

In all fairness, a quote, by its very nature will always be secondhand; but for what its worth, as mentioned in my post yesterday, I spoke to Yusuf and I'm satisfied the club representative at his meeting used the term 'reverse racism'. He was shocked and quite rightly so. As you'll see from the photos I posted it's a very prominent piece of street art in Butetown and to that end is an amazing advertismemnt for our club. I could have named the person who used the term too but would never do so on a public forum so I'm satisfied that our club missed an opportunity to be involved in something that has a massive impact in my local community and will hopefully encourage a greater diversity of support in the stands - which is where I think the club needs to put more effort. Sadly, right now, the club has missed an opportunity but even worse than that, made a PR mistake, in my opinion.

Is this knocking CCFC? Of course not. Just look at our fanbase demographic and it's clear that something is wrong when a diversity of local people aren't attending games in greater numbers.

My wife and I walk to games (well, I kind of hobble on crutches but that's another story) and see another couple walk to the games too. That's it. We pass loads of local young lads and they see us in scarves, shirts etc but they would never think of going themselves. Why is that? They love football. They watch football. But won't go and watch us when we're a mile or less from their homes. I think we need to know the answer from them and this piece of artwork will at least get that conversation happening - because it needs to.

Look, you agree with parts of what I said but then do your usual last paragraph throwaway insult lines. I may or may not have a personality disorder (you and me are certainly not qualified to make detailed diagnosis on that kind of thing). If I have, then I don't think that I would be on my own, from this boards users, in the psychiatrists waiting room. However, one thing that I can assure you of is that I don't have multiple accounts on this or any other forum and just post under the one user name. I have never understood the need for that kind of behaviour. Its up to you whether you believe me or not but I have no objection to Mike Morris confirming this to you direct, if he is allowed.