+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad numbers confirmed. #7 retired.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Squad numbers confirmed. #7 retired.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I wouldn't read anything into that, a lot of players like to keep their first squad numbers (think McCormack 44, Ampadu also 44, Alexander-Arnold 66 etc).

I believe Isaak Davies in particular wears 39 because it was Bellamy's number.
    Good points about keeping favourite numbers. However, as a show of support/confidence in Colwill especially, I’d have liked to see him handed a ‘main man’ squad number.

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Good points about keeping favourite numbers. However, as a show of support/confidence in Colwill especially, I’d have liked to see him handed a ‘main man’ squad number.
    I think that goes against how Morison seems to want to handle the youngsters.
    he wants them to always be striving to improve and not think that they've already made it

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    I've no idea if Colwill has chosen the 27 shirt but it's possible, especially as Isaak Davies picked his. I'm surprised it doesn't have more significance, I remember David Tutonda (twice) and Kadeem Harris taking the 27 shirt when they went out on loan a few years ago but it never seems to be have been exactly fought over here. I'd be moderately interested to find out if Colwill chose it himself.