+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flint released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flint released

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What’s the point in keeping a player that doesn’t fit into any style that Morrisons trying to play.

He was totally committed and wasn’t afraid of hurting himself for the good of the team but he’s never going to slot into a back 3 in a million years
    Read my post again and note I used the word "failsafe".

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Read my post again and note I used the word "failsafe".
    Flint is anything but fail-safe. He's done really well to have a decent career at this level considering his blatant shortcomings and the fact that he managed to work his way up from non-league is genuinely commendable. He's someone who really has made the best of his abilities because let's be honest here - he's not a very good footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Flint is anything but fail-safe. He's done really well to have a decent career at this level considering his blatant shortcomings and the fact that he managed to work his way up from non-league is genuinely commendable. He's someone who really has made the best of his abilities because let's be honest here - he's not a very good footballer.
    He isn't a very good footballer. I really don't get it with some of our fans, they see defending just a reaction to what is going on around them, complimenting the ability to just stop the opposition, which isn't that difficult really. What is needed is one or two defenders with some footballing ability, players who can look up and pass the ball or buy themselves a bit of time in order to get meaningful attacks started. As a group of fans we always almost seem to celebrate endeavour over quality. Football isn't about players breaking bones, throwing themselves into 70-30 tackles, that's not bravery, it's piss poor judgement. Getting on the ball and trying to make things happen when things are going against you, and the fans are on your back is bravery. Good luck to Flint, he's done alright for us, but it's right that he's moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He isn't a very good footballer. I really don't get it with some of our fans, they see defending just a reaction to what is going on around them, complimenting the ability to just stop the opposition, which isn't that difficult really. What is needed is one or two defenders with some footballing ability, players who can look up and pass the ball or buy themselves a bit of time in order to get meaningful attacks started. As a group of fans we always almost seem to celebrate endeavour over quality. Football isn't about players breaking bones, throwing themselves into 70-30 tackles, that's not bravery, it's piss poor judgement. Getting on the ball and trying to make things happen when things are going against you, and the fans are on your back is bravery. Good luck to Flint, he's done alright for us, but it's right that he's moving on.
    Steve McPhail was one of the bravest footballers I’ve seen play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Steve McPhail was one of the bravest footballers I’ve seen play for us.
    Absolutely. I remember when we played the jacks and they were running us ragged in Midfield with their overload and movement. McPhail was all over the place, getting stretched and going for tackles he had no business going for, usually because he was stretching and reacting. He was sent off i think, and i really felt bad for him. Dave Jones let him down by not protecting him and allowing the game in midfied to become stretched, it was a sad sight seeing Mcphail jumping into tackles and reacting in a way that just wasn't what he was about. He was crucified by plenty of our fans as well.

Absolutely. I remember when we played the jacks and they were running us ragged in Midfield with their overload and movement. McPhail was all over the place, getting stretched and going for tackles he had no business going for, usually because he was stretching and reacting. He was sent off i think, and i really felt bad for him. Dave Jones let him down by not protecting him and allowing the game in midfied to become stretched, it was a sad sight seeing Mcphail jumping into tackles and reacting in a way that just wasn't what he was about. He was crucified by plenty of our fans as well.
    He got sent off for booting the ball away in one derby. Cost us the game. We were well on top.

He was sent off twice against the jacks.- in fact, he was sent off six times in his career and five of them were when he was playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He was sent off twice against the jacks.- in fact, he was sent off six times in his career and five of them were when he was playing for us.
    I know. What a dirty bastard he was when he played for us.