+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Not sure what the UK ( i will include all home nations in this ) plan / end game is

I watched a USA news article in Universal studio's theme park a few days ago, it was a big day for them, The end of social distancing, no face masks, its back to normal

yet over here we have another dark shadow lurking in the background ( be it the delta or Thai variant , which they also have in the USA )

The mindset of the 2 countries are a mile apart on life returning to normal
    I’ve been fully vaccinated now for about a month and have been to my local pub quite a bit.

It felt really odd initially, having not been out to a bar or restaurant in over a year.
    It’s absolutely back to how it used to be now sat at a full bar, no masks required.
    I’m fine with that now, most people have had the opportunity to get vaccinated and it’s time that we get back to how things were.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Not sure what the UK ( i will include all home nations in this ) plan / end game is

I watched a USA news article in Universal studio's theme park a few days ago, it was a big day for them, The end of social distancing, no face masks, its back to normal

yet over here we have another dark shadow lurking in the background ( be it the delta or Thai variant , which they also have in the USA )

The mindset of the 2 countries are a mile apart on life returning to normal
    The Government [and advisors] have become stuck in a mental groundhog day. They just can't bring themselves to break free of the psychological hold the virus has put them in. New 'variants' are going to keep coming to the surface indefinitely, and when a new 'variant' appears, it's closedown again.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    New 'variants' are going to keep coming to the surface indefinitely, and when a new 'variant' appears, it's closedown again.
    New variants have appeared. We're not closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    'closed down' in a generic sense - put on stop -put back- removed from list- added to list-.

I think you know what I meant.

I think you know what I meant.
    I think you’re talking bollocks. Variants have appeared. Nevertheless, shops are open, pubs are open, restaurants are open, offices are open, restrictions are lifting and everything feels much more relaxed. It’s a very different picture to a year ago.

Despite the emergence of variants, we’re not closed down or even remotely close to being so.

I think you’re talking bollocks. Variants have appeared. Nevertheless, shops are open, pubs are open, restaurants are open, offices are open, restrictions are lifting and everything feels much more relaxed. It’s a very different picture to a year ago.

Despite the emergence of variants, we’re not closed down or even remotely close to being so.
    There we are then. Good to get these things off one's chest.

The Government [and advisors] have become stuck in a mental groundhog day. They just can't bring themselves to break free of the psychological hold the virus has put them in. New 'variants' are going to keep coming to the surface indefinitely, and when a new 'variant' appears, it's closedown again.
    To be fair, it seems more about managing hospital admissions. Things are far from being closed down again.

India, now Nepal....which one will be next? Pakistan, Bangladeshi?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    India, now Nepal....which one will be next? Pakistan, Bangladeshi?
    Barnsley?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    To be fair, it seems more about managing hospital admissions. Things are far from being closed down again.
    To say something you already know: the past year we've seen evidence that increase cases is followed by increase in hospital admissions and increase in deaths. There is some evidence that has happened recently in Bolton so the worry is that we're still following that pattern, although Bolton hospitalisations seems to have peaked already.

At some point vaccinations will protect enough people that the chain is broken, we may even already be at that point now, but latest data says vaccines only 33% effective after two weeks against this Indian/Delta variant so can see why caution still being applied while evidence is still emerging.

Regarding English lockdown easing:

Step 4, no earlier than 21 June:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...n-restrictions
    The original text allowed for step 2, 3 and 4 to be pushed back if needs be without contradicting original plan. Weird that public didn't hear that - whether that's wanting to criticise response for "dates not data" or whether it's to claim betrayal if there had been/is movement - and that the Westminster government isn't reminding people of that, but then they want the plaudits for "creating" that long waited positive moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

'closed down' in a generic sense - put on stop -put back- removed from list- added to list

If you put opening up back any further, extend what are in effect holiday bans, because you're 'concerned', then we'll carry on like this indefinitely.
    If you don't reach a stage in your reasoning that a risk is possible yet unlikely, then you will never stop the endless fear that's plaguing Government. What's ironic, is there isn't actually a new variant according to WHO, it's a minor mutation of which there have been 1000's.

If we can’t go on foreign holidays this year I really wonder how hotels, airlines and tour operators will survive. Surely they will all go under along with 1000’s of businesses that serve these people....do people just assume they will just start up again?

If we can’t go on foreign holidays this year I really wonder how hotels, airlines and tour operators will survive. Surely they will all go under along with 1000’s of businesses that serve these people....do people just assume they will just start up again?
    Are Boris Johnson & the Govt. that concerned about the economy ? I doubt it. a £3 trillion debt which no-one is going to bother to even start to pay off, their 'legacy' of how they handled Covid is their only real concern. You can blame the Govt. as much as you want on the demise of an airline - they can put it down to Covid - but taking blame for Covid deaths is another matter..

Are Boris Johnson & the Govt. that concerned about the economy ? I doubt it. a £3 trillion debt which no-one is going to bother to even start to pay off, their 'legacy' of how they handled Covid is their only real concern. You can blame the Govt. as much as you want on the demise of an airline - they can put it down to Covid - but taking blame for Covid deaths is another matter..
    All they are concerned about is the economy isn’t it?

Covid: People in hospital with Indian variant not increasing significantly - NHS boss https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57367849

International

There either was or there wasn't. How can both statements be correct?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57226423

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There either was or there wasn't. How can both statements be correct?

What are you asking here?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    "The Government put Portugal on the green list only 2.5 weeks ago..."

Yvette Cooper today. What exactly has changed in 2.5 weeks apart from people booking holidays in Portugal and now either having to cancel without easy access to compensation or go and quarantine?
    Perhaps it was form the analysis of these fans returning::

Football fans returning from the Champions League final in Portugal have been told to self-isolate after multiple flights reported passengers testing positive for coronavirus.

Posting on one fan forum, passengers reported as many as five flights organised by Manchester City for the match against Chelsea have been affected.

It follows reports that Portugal will be removed from the green travel list on Thursday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1859177.html

Covid: People in hospital with Indian variant not increasing significantly - NHS boss https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57367849
    Aren't the majority of these people ones who were entitled to receive the vaccine but have refused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Aren't the majority of these people ones who were entitled to receive the vaccine but have refused it?
    Ironic , I find it even more incredible that care home workers and NHS staff are refusing to take the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Probably, or young enough for it to not really affect them

In Wales, over 60% of adults under 30 have already had their first dose of the vaccine.

We expect to have offered the first dose to every adult in Wales by this time next week.

No one should be left behind. Think you've been missed? Get in touch

https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/...71616359940099
    This bit of the message is just as important.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What are you asking here?
    When I posted that the two links were different, one said there were only 3 deaths in the week just gone and the other said there had been no covid related deaths for 12 days. Both on the BBC Wales website at 0800 this morning.
    Which is why I asked the question.