+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Colwill

Rubin Colwill

Many words are being written about him in the media saying how good he is, being picked for the Wales squad, a future star etc. Lots of hype.
    I hope it turns out to be true.

If Colwill, Sang, Bagan and Brown all prove to be as good as we’re told they could be then that would be great, albeit the wait has been far too long.

Re: Rubin Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Many words are being written about him in the media saying how good he is, being picked for the Wales squad, a future star etc. Lots of hype.
    I hope it turns out to be true.

If Colwill, Sang, Bagan and Brown all prove to be as good as we’re told they could be then that would be great, albeit the wait has been far too long.
    I agree it’s great that we could have youngsters in the first team more often, but only Colwill is from the academy since a young age.
    Brown joined in 2018, Sang 2019 and Bagan 2020, I still think the academy needs a lot of work to bring local lads through.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I agree it’s great that we could have youngsters in the first team more often, but only Colwill is from the academy since a young age.
    Brown joined in 2018, Sang 2019 and Bagan 2020, I still think the academy needs a lot of work to bring local lads through.
    You’re right, but I’d like to think that with Mark Harris making an impact, at least one of Sam Bowen (provided he signs a new deal with us), Keenan Patten, Kieron Evans and Isaak Davies will be able to join Patten in breaking into the first team soon - they formed the basis of the best Academy team we’ve had in terms of results and, if more players from that side don’t break through, then you have to wonder about the viability of an Academy at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’re right, but I’d like to think that with Mark Harris making an impact, at least one of Sam Bowen (provided he signs a new deal with us), Keenan Patten, Kieron Evans and Isaak Davies will be able to join Patten in breaking into the first team soon - they formed the basis of the best Academy team we’ve had in terms of results and, if more players from that side don’t break through, then you have to wonder about the viability of an Academy at Cardiff City.
    I think Taz would also be in the mix if he hadn't had an injury at such a critical time last season

He was developing superbly, starting to show some strength to add to his speed... Then injured just as the youngsters were starting to be recognised and given first team experience.

Glad he came back strongly towards the end of the season and scored in the last few games.

In my opinion needs to spend as much time in the weights room as he can

He's a lump of a boy, if he can fine tune that he'll be a handful as he's got a really good touch and pass

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think Taz would also be in the mix if he hadn't had an injury at such a critical time last season

He was developing superbly, starting to show some strength to add to his speed... Then injured just as the youngsters were starting to be recognised and given first team experience.

Glad he came back strongly towards the end of the season and scored in the last few games.
    I think Taz made his debut for Zambia yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think Taz made his debut for Zambia yesterday
    Came on in the 88th minute in a 3-1 defeat to Senegal

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

There’s a big stone thing outside the front of Castle Coch with a shield and a plaque with the name Rubin Coliwill on it.

I’ll see if I can get a pic.

There are a few around Wales at various Cadw sites:

https://cadw.gov.wales/about-us/news...s-across-wales