+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know bigger fish to fry but wales world Cup play offs in serious doubt now

I know bigger fish to fry but wales world Cup play offs in serious doubt now

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...vasion-3584070

Well if Scotland Ukraine is called off which it surely will be-then how can Wales play Austria? Would be a bit harsh to kick Ukraine out and give Scotland a bye to the final?

Re: I know bigger fish to fry but wales world Cup play offs in serious doubt now

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...vasion-3584070

Well if Scotland Ukraine is called off which it surely will be-then how can Wales play Austria? Would be a bit harsh to kick Ukraine out and give Scotland a bye to the final?
    I presume that Ukraine would have to forfeit the tie, giving Scotland a bye. Tickets have gone on sale. No real opportunity to do much else.

Re: I know bigger fish to fry but wales world Cup play offs in serious doubt now

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I presume that Ukraine would have to forfeit the tie, giving Scotland a bye. Tickets have gone on sale. No real opportunity to do much else.
    Yeah they may have to. Just seems a bit harsh to boot Ukraine out in these circumstances. Impossible for them to play any games any time soon in reality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah they may have to. Just seems a bit harsh to boot Ukraine out in these circumstances. Impossible for them to play any games any time soon in reality though.
    I'd like Wales to qualify then give our spot to Ukraine.
    Protest against Russia, Qatar and FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Yeah I did wonder if fifa may just give a place to Ukraine anyway somehow.

Not sure if Ukraine could field a team of players based outside Ukraine maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    i'd like wales to qualify then set them selves on fire to protest qatars carbon based economy

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    i'd like wales to qualify then set them selves on fire to protest qatars carbon based economy
    I'd like Wales to qualify and then stone one another to death as a protest against Qatar's human rights record

Didn't the old Yugoslavia lose their euro spot during the Balkans was of the 90s to be replaced by Denmark who went on to win the tournament.

Give Russia’s place to Ukraine. That’d annoy Vlad The Bad.

No chance that Russia will be playing there now so giving their spot to Ukraine would be a good call

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No chance that Russia will be playing there now so giving their spot to Ukraine would be a good call
    Probably chuck the Swedes, Czechs and Poles out as well. The other teams in Russia's play off quartet!

Chuck Austria out as well 'cos Hitler was born there.
    I think...
    or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Didn't the old Yugoslavia lose their euro spot during the Balkans was of the 90s to be replaced by Denmark who went on to win the tournament.
    1992. Correct.

Chuck Qatar out as well because of their human rights record and also because their team is most probably shit.

Cardiff could host the champions League final

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Infrastructure is a very big issue, and Mill Stad doesn’t have the facilities for press and the hangers on.

Anyway it’s going to Gay Paree

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    1992. Correct.
    Both the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia had qualified, but had since broken up as countries. The Soviet Union entered under the commonwealth of independent states (CIS) and Yugoslavia were also going to compete as a joint Serbian and Montenegro team. They were disqualified so Denmark, including Schmeichel, Brian Laudrap and Henrik Larsen won it.
    England lost to that Tomas Brolin goal for Sweden🙂

Infrastructure is a very big issue, and Mill Stad doesn’t have the facilities for press and the hangers on.

Managed ok when it was here in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    you can prove ANYTHING with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd like Wales to qualify and then stone one another to death as a protest against Qatar's human rights record

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

Ed Sheeran is playing at the Principality Stadium on 26/27/28 May, so it was a non starter anyway.

Impossible. The Mill Stad doesn’t have the facilities for press and the hangers on.

The WC cup is going ahead and all playable games to facilitate that will go ahead. I don't see how Wales' semi-final games could be in doubt.

And the bigwigs whinged about it afterwards. Won't be another final here for a while, if ever.