+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Top interview on Marr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Top interview on Marr

He got it alright, he was self critical but the bottom line is the press has done a number on Labour for years, what can be done about that unfairness ?, I thought Labours manifesto was very good but the people that own and run the media did a number on Corbyn as they would with any left of centre Labour leader.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    He got it alright, he was self critical but the bottom line is the press has done a number on Labour for years, what can be done about that unfairness ?, I thought Labours manifesto was very good but the people that own and run the media did a number on Corbyn as they would with any left of centre Labour leader.
    Apart from 1997, the large majority of the mainstream press has been against Labour since I started voting in 1974 - Labour have won five elections since then. The media may have been a factor in Labour's defeat, but it was a small one and it seems Corbyn and his army of loyalists are thrashing around trying to find a scapegoat when, to a large extent, they should be looking at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I thought that the ideas in the manifesto were really good as well. If maybe one in three of those ideas had been presented this time around by a more credible leader, things may have turned out differently.

Blaming the press is like living in Wales and moaning about the rain.