+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too much football!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Too much football!

I only get 4 weeks holiday a year and I'm paid a lot less than them. How much holiday do the need? With some it's just an excuse to get fat like an ex city player I won't mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I only get 4 weeks holiday a year and I'm paid a lot less than them.
    Yes, but in fairness you’re not a professional sportsman, are you? Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I’m going to take a wild guess - I reckon you’re completely talentless and physically unfit. Therefore, a direct comparison is somewhat futile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, but in fairness you’re not a professional sportsman, are you? Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I’m going to take a wild guess - I reckon you’re completely talentless and physically unfit. Therefore, a direct comparison is somewhat futile.
    What about firemen?

International

You're wrong!

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I only get 4 weeks holiday a year and I'm paid a lot less than them. How much holiday do the need? With some it's just an excuse to get fat like an ex city player I won't mentioned
    I think it probably true that most players get paid on the basis of how good they are with an expectation that they stay fit and play well for a full season. The issue is that this season for top players is even longer as could be next season for the more successful. De Bruyne is quoted as saying that he could potentially play 80 matches next season. There is only so much that the body can cope with.
    Similarly there is only so much that fans can put up with without losing interest, let alone dealing with the cost.