+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Statistically the vast majority of Muslims in the world are non-white and by that I mean non Caucasian.

I guess if you lumped them all together, particularly because many Muslims live in countries with high populations like India, Pakistan and Indonesia, you would find that the number of white Muslim converts is tiny in comparison; particularly within the UK. So that in practical terms any Caucasian group you see in this country is likely to be non Muslim.

Also when you consider that, unlike Christians, because of their beliefs they are likely to be conspicuous as they will probably be wearing distinctive items of clothing and would probably tend not to associate with non-muslims, converts will be easy to identify.

Therefore I feel extremely confident to make the claim that if I see a group of non-coloured people gathering together ignoring social distancing rules then in a stroke I can conclude they are neither Muslim, Indian nor Pakistani which the OP claimed. My point about not all people of colour being Muslim is that even if there were non white people in the group which I, saw they were not necessarily Muslim. But as there were none in this instance I entirely dismissed the OP's claim.

If in a round about way you're trying to dismiss the OP's post then we agree but I have to say I've never seen many people of colour on the beaches trying to get a suntan.
    I get what you're saying but I'd query some of your comments. It may be true to a degree in this country but by no means everywhere. Perhaps you just haven't been to the right places to see. I know where you can see Muslim girls walking around in min skirts and stilettos, going to the beach and the pool and wearing bikinis, and their boyfriends/husbands with them. You can see Muslims enjoying a quiet drink, beer wine, it doesn't make them any less muslim. You can see people of colour on the beach too if you are looking in the right place. I know a girl who was always proud of the difference in her skin colour when she took her wrist watch off after she'd been to the beach.
    I'm not trying to agree or disagree I just questioned the generalisation, that's all!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I get what you're saying but I'd query some of your comments. It may be true to a degree in this country but by no means everywhere. Perhaps you just haven't been to the right places to see. I know where you can see Muslim girls walking around in min skirts and stilettos, going to the beach and the pool and wearing bikinis, and their boyfriends/husbands with them. You can see Muslims enjoying a quiet drink, beer wine, it doesn't make them any less muslim. You can see people of colour on the beach too if you are looking in the right place. I know a girl who was always proud of the difference in her skin colour when she took her wrist watch off after she'd been to the beach.
    I'm not trying to agree or disagree I just questioned the generalisation, that's all!
    Should people categorised by what religion they say they believe in or by their adherence to its diktats? Discuss.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Should people categorised by what religion they say they believe in or by their adherence to its diktats? Discuss.
    Good question. Many people claim a faith but do not adhere to ALL its requirements. It doesn't make them any less faithful in their own way. It is often down to they way their parents practiced their faith coupled to where they live, as in the people around them and how they practice their faith. I don't think you can pigeon hole people and that is the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Good question. Many people claim a faith but do not adhere to ALL its requirements. It doesn't make them any less faithful in their own way. It is often down to they way their parents practiced their faith coupled to where they live, as in the people around them and how they practice their faith. I don't think you can pigeon hole people and that is the point I was trying to make.
    Believers not being 'any less faithful in their own way' is an interesting concept.
    Are Christians who murder and steal, both deeds deemed as being contrary to their religion, any less faithful Christians they if they interpret their religion 'in their own way'?
    Just a thought.