+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls.....
    It's a good job you're not a detective. You'd do an awful job.

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.
    Cardiff City want to keep Ralls but that doesn't stop other clubs coming in for him. Presumably you know about the other offers he has received. I don't. As both are free agents their situations are not that different as both are free to go to whoever will have them on terms acceptable to both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now
    Can’t disagree with any of that. Fine to have on the bench as an option when the games a bit stale but just lacking in to many areas.